Crystal +softmod

evan_almighty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got around to softmodding my daughters Crystal using the SID5 method and Splinter Cell. All is working fine and I've added a few applications.
N.B. am using the retail HD at the moment until I get an IDE from the "e" bidding place.

I have a question though if anyone can answer. I've also got an xbox black that has an xecuter3 chip installed, so hardmodded, and everything was installed on that using Slayer 2.7

The version of evolutionX on that has a newer, more up to date dashboard than the one from the softmod using SID5 and I've noticed that in the C: drive on each that the file xboxdash.xbe is slightly larger on the black console.

Is it just a case of taking that file on the black and ftp'ing it to the crystal to update the dashboard?

I tried updating the crystal using the slayer 2.7 disk and I lost the whole softmod, i.e. it reverted back to MS dash and I had to start again! :-(

Can anyone advise?

Many Thanks

Just got around to softmodding my daughters Crystal using the SID5 method and Splinter Cell. All is working fine and I've added a few applications.
N.B. am using the retail HD at the moment until I get an IDE from the "e" bidding place.

I have a question though if anyone can answer. I've also got an xbox black that has an xecuter3 chip installed, so hardmodded, and everything was installed on that using Slayer 2.7

The version of evolutionX on that has a newer, more up to date dashboard than the one from the softmod using SID5 and I've noticed that in the C: drive on each that the file xboxdash.xbe is slightly larger on the black console.

Is it just a case of taking that file on the black and ftp'ing it to the crystal to update the dashboard?

I tried updating the crystal using the slayer 2.7 disk and I lost the whole softmod, i.e. it reverted back to MS dash and I had to start again! :-(

Can anyone advise?

Many Thanks

I don't think it's a simple case of copying the file over unfortunately.

The best thing to do is upgrade the dashboard prior to softmodding. You can do this by using certain games. I think Halo is one

I don't think it's a simple case of copying the file over unfortunately.

The best thing to do is upgrade the dashboard prior to softmodding. You can do this by using certain games. I think Halo is one

Hi Purity, thanks for the reply.
It's the EvolutionX dashboard I want to update, not the MS dashboard.

Cheers

Back