Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra_1.4b_feedback

CableRat said:
i have a Nokia dbox2 and wish to take Gav up on his settings,
Gav could you please post them i need my img setting to avia500 not 600.
Anyother settings will be appreciated to help keep this image stable.

Cheers
Cablerat

i was going to pm as quite complicated but no pms for you so if you pm me we will see what happens m8

TO GET A PERFECT SCAN WITH THIS IMAGE PLEASE USE THE MENU 1.73 ULTRA OPTIONS AND DO A SCAN

cheers

bazzaho1 said:
There is a problem streaming to winserver with this image as udpstreampes is reporting that libstdc++.so.6 is missing from the image.

I`m getting the same problem here, unable to record anything with Winserver which is a real shame. I will have to go back to an earlier image as I use Winserver all the time.

Also, the loss of sound bug from the analog audio out after switching back from scart mode is still in there. Switch to scart mode, then switch back, and I have to restart the dbox before I get any sound again.

I ran a scan using the 1.73 mode, and it ended up adding a shed load of channels (lots were duplicates), but adding them as individual bouquets ie one channel in each bouquet! Took a while to sort that out :Mad2:.

It did, however, find all the Front Row channels (which still work here :Clap:)

another bug, selecting restart from the sportster menu (which you have to do as a workaround to the sound loss bug) locks the box up (it does not restart, it just sits there forever and won`t respond to the remote)

Valen212 said:
another bug, selecting restart from the sportster menu (which you have to do as a workaround to the sound loss bug) locks the box up (it does not restart, it just sits there forever and won`t respond to the remote)

Yes - I meant to mention that also. Even for switching between the 2 modes.

Valen212 said:
I`m getting the same problem here, unable to record anything with Winserver which is a real shame. I will have to go back to an earlier image as I use Winserver all the time.

Also, the loss of sound bug from the analog audio out after switching back from scart mode is still in there. Switch to scart mode, then switch back, and I have to restart the dbox before I get any sound again.

I managed to get winserver running by replacing /sbin/udpstreampes with the version from gav's latest nextgen as that is linking against libstdc++.so.5 which is present on the cryo image

Thanks for this image. Its first time I have ever put one on myself apart from the original sportster UK one. THis gave me all the front row and the likes that original did not and I am very happy with it so thanks a lot for your efforts.

Slight issues with pixels picture but I have a Nokia 2 chip box and need to read the threads to see what avia setting I should be using and indeed how to connect to internet etc to do this as not hit PM capability yet.

All pretty new for me at mo. Thanks again for this image though.

gav12345 said:
Please bear in mind Sportster Pro 1.02 is still in release candidate. (This one is RC16)
All ucodes/hardware settings are as supplied by Sportster.

This image should make it easy for the likes of Gav to mod the squashfs stuff without the need for linux. All I ask for is a quick mention, all my script code comments are left in and anything that says Cryo or Cryogenic is not swapped for someone elses name, also the same should go for other peoples credits in any of the files.

Features:
Cryo Squashfs Editor (fully editable squashfs on your dbox)
-You edit root at /tmp/root, then it rebuilds the squashfs image (checks the size) and reflashes it. I don't use linux anymore
Defrag of /var (jffs2) rebuilds /var as a jffs2 image and reflashes it with all files contiguous.
A pile of options in Dev menu.
1.02 RC16 Sportster and 1.73 Sportster selectable (for 100% scans in 1.73 mode)

Full English Neutrino executable, scripts and locale

Neutrino modified so the start channel option works.

Lcd file modified so the startup PIN option works.

Full English yweb Version 1.3.7-a-BETA executable and scripts
Full English tuxwetter 3.0

Evocamd, Newcamd, MGcamd - (Newcamd Autoroll by Cryo, I'll mention it, lol )
Menu selectable Cydine's UK / The new autoscanning sectionsd

All the usual Cryo menu options: for Nagravision, keys, http, restarts etc.

To make space on the root for all this radio and scanning pictures are replaced with a relinked black one that compresses better.

The crap Reboot picture is relinked to the Shutdown picture.

There is 1.5mb free on the writable /var (jffs2)

And probably loads more I can't remember.

Update 1.4b for Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra1.3b

This takes it to Ultra 1.4b - it fixes the squashfs editing issue with some boxes and also includes some magic files supplied by Gav12345 to enhance the picture quality, thanks Gav

fully updated version

2x
get it here http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=418392#post418392

1x
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60549
the updated root image you will have to do to bring it upto date also included in the downloads

listen guys so far in my eyes this is the best neutrino image i have seen so far so believe me on this and try it

great stuff

downloaded it and worked fine ,i did a scan but missing some chanels ie:ch5/no ppv at all etc i am in manchester on n-l with a dbow x2 ...any ideas please .

stonecoldaustin said:
downloaded it and worked fine ,i did a scan but missing some chanels ie:ch5/no ppv at all etc i am in manchester on n-l with a dbow x2 ...any ideas please .

change to sposter mode 1.73, do scan from that as it gets 100% channels, change back to sportster 1.02 mode, all done:)

Looks great but

Feedback looking good so it's going on my sagem 2x tonight, just 1 thing Gav!

I also have a sagem 1x and after reading this:

Update to 1.4b by Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra1.3b

This takes it to Ultra 1.4b - it fixes the squashfs editing issue with some boxes and also includes some magic files supplied by Gav12345 to enhance the picture quality, thanks Gav

fully updated version

please read the readme file inside important

I downloaded the update but cant find the read_me ???

How do I do the update ?

Many thnx in advance, and merry xmas.:Cheers:

bazzaho1 said:
I managed to get winserver running by replacing /sbin/udpstreampes with the version from gav's latest nextgen as that is linking against libstdc++.so.5 which is present on the cryo image

Does anyone have that handy by any chance please? : santahat

csX said:
Does anyone have that handy by any chance please? : santahat

Here you go the udpstreampes from gavins image

You will have to use the cryo squashfs editor then place this in /var/tmp/root/sbin

also telnet in and chmod 0755 /var/tmp/root/sbin/udpstreampes

and make squashfs and reflash

bazzaho1 said:
Here you go the udpstreampes from gavins image

You will have to use the cryo squashfs editor then place this in /var/tmp/root/sbin

also telnet in and chmod 0755 /var/tmp/root/sbin/udpstreampes

and make squashfs and reflash

How do I get to SquashFS editor? I can't for the life of it find it! (Using Cryo Pro 1.02 u1.4b)

Also when telnetting I get this:
/var # chmod 0755 /sbin/udpstreampes
chmod: /sbin/udpstreampes: Read-only file system

Thanks!

ok thanks guys - managed to get the file overwritten and telnetted to chmod.

Reflashed the squashfs image, but STILL getting same error:

14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - *** DBOX WIN SERVER SETTINGS: ***
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - IP: 190.168.0.87 PORT: 4000
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - REC. PATH: F:\Recorded\
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - REC OPTIONS: JZSP
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - MINI.= 1
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - OPT.: WIN SHUTDOWN:0 PWR.MANAGER:0
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - GGRAB PRIORITY: HIGH
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - UDREC PRIORITY: NORMAL
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - ---- RECORD WITH UDREC ----
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - SEND OPTIONS TO UDREC:
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - -o "F:\Recorded\2005.12.14 - 19.36 - Sky One - not available\not available" -host 190.168.0.87 -udp 31341 -vp a3 -ap 5C -es -gtc -idd
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - AUDIO: ALL AUDIO STREAMS
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - VIDEO: MPEG STREAMS
14.12.05 - 19:37:03 - OPT.: SPLIT=0
14.12.05 - 19:37:09 - INFO - Stop Recording
14.12.05 - 19:37:24 - Record.Start: can't establish network connection
14.12.05 - 19:37:24 - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

14.12.05 - 19:37:24 - at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

14.12.05 - 19:37:24 - at Record.Start()

Any ideas? :(

csX said:
SOLVED!

Upgraded to latest version (0.4.2) from http://www.dboxwinserver.de

Thanks for all your help guys!!

one problem remains :(

...I lose the EPG (it's just blank and remains empty, always) once I record something....

......nothing's ever easy lol !!!

csX said:
one problem remains :(

...I lose the EPG (it's just blank and remains empty, always) once I record something....

......nothing's ever easy lol !!!

I have this same problem you could try setting stop sectiond to off in the recording settings
as when the section filters are stoped the epg will stop working

Back