Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra_1.4b_feedback

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Please bear in mind Sportster Pro 1.02 is still in release candidate. (This one is RC16)
All ucodes/hardware settings are as supplied by Sportster.

This image should make it easy for the likes of Gav to mod the squashfs stuff without the need for linux. All I ask for is a quick mention, all my script code comments are left in and anything that says Cryo or Cryogenic is not swapped for someone elses name, also the same should go for other peoples credits in any of the files.

Features:
Cryo Squashfs Editor (fully editable squashfs on your dbox)
-You edit root at /tmp/root, then it rebuilds the squashfs image (checks the size) and reflashes it. I don't use linux anymore
Defrag of /var (jffs2) rebuilds /var as a jffs2 image and reflashes it with all files contiguous.
A pile of options in Dev menu.
1.02 RC16 Sportster and 1.73 Sportster selectable (for 100% scans in 1.73 mode)

Full English Neutrino executable, scripts and locale

Neutrino modified so the start channel option works.

Lcd file modified so the startup PIN option works.

Full English yweb Version 1.3.7-a-BETA executable and scripts
Full English tuxwetter 3.0

Evocamd, Newcamd, MGcamd - (Newcamd Autoroll by Cryo, I'll mention it, lol )
Menu selectable Cydine's UK / The new autoscanning sectionsd

All the usual Cryo menu options: for Nagravision, keys, http, restarts etc.

To make space on the root for all this radio and scanning pictures are replaced with a relinked black one that compresses better.

The crap Reboot picture is relinked to the Shutdown picture.

There is 1.5mb free on the writable /var (jffs2)

And probably loads more I can't remember.

Update 1.4b for Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra1.3b

This takes it to Ultra 1.4b - it fixes the squashfs editing issue with some boxes and also includes some magic files supplied by Gav12345 to enhance the picture quality, thanks Gav

fully updated version

2x
get it here http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=418392#post418392

1x
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60549
the updated root image you will have to do to bring it upto date also included in the downloads

listen guys so far in my eyes this is the best neutrino image i have seen so far so believe me on this and try it

Last edited:
dont forget download all 4 parts on your desktop

and extract the file from part 1 to desktop that is the full image

now you can delette all the .rar files done

so you now have the image file on desktop to do as you will

cheers

Thanx

hi, this looks a great image. ive had this on since 3 this afternoon with no problems. I was using sp1.7 uk05 before. Picture quality looks good, cant tell if it looks better than the older image or not. Anyway thanx for all the work youve put in

so far so good mate been having probs with the others got two boxs one with sporster 12.11.05 which i have to keep restarting evocamd as channels go blank and some channels i get error on and the next gen i had to keep restarting the new camd when channels went blank hope this stays ok like i said so far so good mate ;)

JIMMYQ said:
so far so good mate been having probs with the others got two boxs one with sporster 12.11.05 which i have to keep restarting evocamd as channels go blank and some channels i get error on and the next gen i had to keep restarting the new camd when channels went blank hope this stays ok like i said so far so good mate ;)

thats great m8

just hope you enjoy it and that everything runs smoothly m8

cheers

gav12345 said:
thats great m8

just hope you enjoy it and that everything runs smoothly m8

cheers

THANKS MATE erm.....just incase it does go blank on me which i very much doubt whats the procedure on this image?

also when i get the writing after the boot up logo is it possible to disable that if so how?

JIMMYQ said:
THANKS MATE erm.....just incase it does go blank on me which i very much doubt whats the procedure on this image?

also when i get the writing after the boot up logo is it possible to disable that if so how?
it shouldnt go blank m8 at all

to disable the writing m8 goto press dbox....settings...misc at the bottom infos at start off boot menu off

cheers

Had this on all evening - the menus are great and very user friendly. Just encountered a problem though. Went to radio mode, it plays the station for about 30 seconds then switches the dbox off. None of the buttons do anything in the meantime so atuck in a never ending loop. Have had to take the box upstairs to use IFA to flash again.
Wont be using the radio then lol.

ivorhooper said:
Had this on all evening - the menus are great and very user friendly. Just encountered a problem though. Went to radio mode, it plays the station for about 30 seconds then switches the dbox off. None of the buttons do anything in the meantime so atuck in a never ending loop. Have had to take the box upstairs to use IFA to flash again.
Wont be using the radio then lol.

yes stay away from the radio mode as it does mess with your box people will pm cryo and see what he says about it and will let everyone know

cheers for info

Hi gav,

just been trying to change/delete the shutdown logo.......cant seem to figure out how.

this is where i've been looking
/share/tuxbox/neutrino/icons/

shutdown.pal & shutdown.raw

cheers!

JIMMYQ said:
Hi gav,

just been trying to change/delete the shutdown logo.......cant seem to figure out how.

this is where i've been looking
/share/tuxbox/neutrino/icons/

shutdown.pal & shutdown.raw

cheers!
THIS IS THE DEV MENU GUIDE TO EDIT THE ROOT DIRECTORY STEP BY STEP
hi m8

ok this is where it gets a little tricky follow these steps and you will be fine if you do not understand then do not do it first thing first make a backup of the image and save it to pc just incase m8

here goes press blue....blue...then flash/dev menu... then dev menu or yellow...then cryo's squashfs root editor.....you will then get a screen saying confirm reboot into spuashfs edit mode press continue then wait for it to reboot........... .................... ........................... ....................

after reboot you will get a menu click on make squashfs root editable top one
then it asks to confirm, make squashfs root editable click on continue

then message says you can now edit aquashfs at /tmp/root

so in your ftp programme go to /tmp/root/ and in there is like duplicate dbox files that you can change like the /tmp/root/share/tuxbox/ as long as you do everything you want to do

so do that first as im doing some in mine at the mo then i will give you the keypresses for the next stage once you have finished m8

Last edited:
gav12345 said:
hi m8

ok this is where it gets a little tricky follow these steps and you will be fine if you do not understand then do not do it first thing first make a backup of the image and save it to pc just incase m8

right mate whats next oh and i'm still waiting for the tricky bit........LOL

the whole thing is tricky m8 trying to make things easy for you lol

so when you have finished goto

make edited squashfs image and conirm screen click continue then you get wait about 5 minutes....screen

next to follow as im doing it myself

and when the is all done................................................

you get a successfully created squashfs image of blar blar bytes

click ok

then you can reflash your edited squashfs image click ok

then click flash edited squashfs image

confirm screen click confirm or continue

and wait...............................

you know have done it and rebooted and all done

what else do you want BLOOD

so what do you think of that m8

will you remember that of by heart next time
'
i think not lol