Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra_1.4b_feedback

fatmash said:
hello gav i have been looking on the site for info and you seem to be the man in the know right her we go,i got a dbox 2 wich was all programmed and working fine about 3 weeks ago all the channels when just 1.2.3.4. working. i have been studeing all the newbe tutorols and from wot ive read i need a new image a cross over cable is in the post and im going to have a go.now i think the image on the box is kernal( thats what it sayes when it starts up)i also have tried doing a service scan i get 24 transponder s and about 200 odd channels but none of them work just 1,2,3,4 all the epg is there but just a blank screen .is this just because i need a new image or is it some thing else and plus i may have had a little play about with newcamd and smartcard settings but only after all the channels had gone anyway im in the teesside area and have ntl if you have any ideas your help woulld be most gratfull thanks for your time fatmash

hi m8 and thanks

it would be fine just to reflash with any of the newer images as some of the older ones just do not work any more so get all the correct cables and software that you need in the tuts and reflash it

i think with the newer ones you will not need to mess around with the settings just transfer your serives.xml and bouquets.xml over to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit on the new image

but make sure with everything you do backup all these files and nothing else and you will be fine all channels will clear with the newer images

cheers

notanotherone said:
yep just reflash there are gr8 ones on the go now saying that i remember why i came here just reflashed ,is it just me but ilke all the lcd revolving world things (a just like toys)now then picture quailty i can find no fault at this time its only been running for 1hr sharpness is there(gav you got something to with this) i have big tv. and just sometime and i mean sometime when you look at it really close up theres a little shadow maybe thats not the right thing(when you look at the sun am watching a film and its coming over the shara theres a little reflection)its slightly pixilated too (only when you are right up to it and i mean eyeball to eyeball with tv)you wouldnt want to be doing that all the time anyway but i like it the radio well we wont say nothing about that (didnt read all the threads did i ) never mind i sorted it what am doing is running between this one and gavs one trying to figure out what looks good (my m8 cant tell either)god am gonna be fit after this but will have more time to test 2 morrow as am off

I agree with you on this one. I felt that The sportster 121105 image was marginally better picture wise than this one. I know wot you mean about the shadow thing and slight pixilation. Its just very slight but if your start looking for it you notice it. I swapped my images round 6 times yesterday trying to judge it. Still a crackin picture though.

gav

it didn't update the writing on startup till put file in var/bin. i pressed blue button then into cryo/sportster menue then into flsah/dev menur then into dev menue then down to option3 which was Flash root from /tmp/root.img.
was that right?

cheers

gav12345 said:
hi m8 and thanks

it would be fine just to reflash with any of the newer images as some of the older ones just do not work any more so get all the correct cables and software that you need in the tuts and reflash it

i think with the newer ones you will not need to mess around with the settings just transfer your serives.xml and bouquets.xml over to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit on the new image

but make sure with everything you do backup all these files and nothing else and you will be fine all channels will clear with the newer images

cheers
thanks for the help m8 but now that i have scanned for new channels will my service xml be lost i have down loaded your sporster image and a couple of service xmls for my area and when i get the cable and give it a crack ill let you know how it go,s the tutorels are very helpfull for some one like me who has no clue about this stuff and untill i found this site i was thinking about binning it .see i got it off ebay and seller no longer member and dont know any one with a dbox so with a bit of luck ill have it up an runnin in no time and thanks again for your time and help fatmash

notanotherone said:
now then picture quailty i can find no fault at this time its only been running for 1hr sharpness is there(gav you got something to with this) i have big tv. and just sometime and i mean sometime when you look at it really close up theres a little shadow maybe thats not the right thing(when you look at the sun am watching a film and its coming over the shara theres a little reflection)its slightly pixilated too (only when you are right up to it and i mean eyeball to eyeball with tv)you wouldnt want to be doing that all the time anyway...
Keep in mind that given the extremely variable nature of multiplexed MPEG2 broadcasts, picking up small pixellation changes isn't really a fair test. Depending on what's going on with other channels on the same multiplex, any given channel could at any given time drop well below it's normal bitrate/quality average.

I remember seeing an add on C4 go horribly wrong at some point, but later in the evening when the same ad was on again, it was just fine. The only fair way to test the image quality is to record a piece of video as a TS and play it back on different images to see the difference. Presumably all the drivers that have an effect on image quality would be in action during such a test?

señor ding dong said:
Keep in mind that given the extremely variable nature of multiplexed MPEG2 broadcasts, picking up small pixellation changes isn't really a fair test. Depending on what's going on with other channels on the same multiplex, any given channel could at any given time drop well below it's normal bitrate/quality average.

I remember seeing an add on C4 go horribly wrong at some point, but later in the evening when the same ad was on again, it was just fine. The only fair way to test the image quality is to record a piece of video as a TS and play it back on different images to see the difference. Presumably all the drivers that have an effect on image quality would be in action during such a test?

cheers that is a very fair point to make and so true m8 thanks for that

cheers

fatmash said:
thanks for the help m8 but now that i have scanned for new channels will my service xml be lost i have down loaded your sporster image and a couple of service xmls for my area and when i get the cable and give it a crack ill let you know how it go,s the tutorels are very helpfull for some one like me who has no clue about this stuff and untill i found this site i was thinking about binning it .see i got it off ebay and seller no longer member and dont know any one with a dbox so with a bit of luck ill have it up an runnin in no time and thanks again for your time and help fatmash

no matter what you do its all for fun and i always backup files inside the dbox on pc

that is the safest way to do things when it comes down to the dbox scene

cheers

i agree with you senor ding dong and i understand the complexities of it its like when i watch a dvd on one dvd player and i take it out in put it in another there will allways be a slight differance as i said you wouldnt do what i did and look that close (am just stupid lol) no i cant complain about anything that little as i say before i have one box with gavs image one with liams and one with cryos and they are all well done small variations in each one its hard to pick the best of the best i just feel privilaged to be using these gr8 images

Great image. Its actually sorted out an issue I had with the aspect ratio on my sagem and widescreen tv.

Still playing with the other features...

Great work, cheers!!

Got a problem with the EPG on this one. Front Row when viewing through Bouquets does not show the film showing only the channel i.d. all over feeds are ok any fix for this?

ok sorted the fr*#t r0w enabled crypt+ in the sportster menu.

great job alot smoother :)

found 1 prob tho doesnt want to find alot of channels like the older verions any idea why ive scanned a few times now

keep up the nice work :)

Great job gav, couple of bugs though,
recording from EPG (timer) doesn't work (won't confirm or set timer),
EPG doesn't go past midnight on a few channels (sky one, etc)

working perfect no freezin or stickin and quality of picture is good cheers

keep up GOOD work

cheers:xmas:

Haven't fixed the epg on front row during a Bouquet list. Must have just rstarted EMU and it came on changed EMU and it comes on only to dissappear. Also if I changed sportster mode and now the box switches to standby one press of the standby and I'm back in business. Perhaps I havent executed the extra files that GAV posted with the image. Anyone got instructions, I followed the guide on page 2 ?!

Great image, but why do I keep losing channels automatically? I never had that problem with 1.7+ UK05. I am happy to have channels added, but to lose them is not very good. then whent hey re-appear, they have been lost from my bouqet into the "others" list.

Picture Quality Is Amazing Best Image Since Uk05, OHH Picture less Channels are fixed by Changing Ucode.

swifty_23 said:
Great job gav, couple of bugs though,
recording from EPG (timer) doesn't work (won't confirm or set timer),
EPG doesn't go past midnight on a few channels (sky one, etc)

the epg takes a while to load m8

cheers

Back