Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra_1.4b_feedback

bazzaho1 said:
I have this same problem you could try setting stop sectiond to off in the recording settings
as when the section filters are stoped the epg will stop working

no I tried that :(

still lose EPG when finished recording and it never comes back...

Yep I noticed that the epg does not come back looks like the sectiond is stoped even if you set in the settings not to stop the sectiond. Looks like a bug to me

To stop the EPG disapearing after starting a recording (mentioned above) do this. You will also need to add the udpstreampes file as mentioned earlier in this thread if you havn't already.

Overwrite existing recording.start in var/tuxbox/config with the one thats attached.

In the one in Cryo's image there is a "killall -9 sectionsd" directly before the recording command, this file does not have that command and you'll find the recording also starts much quicker (well it's instant with udrec for me anyway),the EPG will stay on while recording and you won't need to reboot/restart the EPG after the recording as stopped.

Thanks to Gambit for this fix.

Thanks, I'll update this too in the next release. Have added a few fairly cool toy bits, and plan to add some more bits. Hopefully will have a ucode/driver selection menu that alot of you seem to need, i.e those without a net connection to the box (maybe have it as an add on option or a deleteable option)
I want to try and fix the schedule a recording problem too which is present in this image. It's not the neutrino file that's at fault so Just need some time to track it down.

Cryo

cryogenic said:
Thanks, I'll update this too in the next release. Have added a few fairly cool toy bits, and plan to add some more bits. Hopefully will have a ucode/driver selection menu that people without net connections to the dbox need (maybe have it as an add on option or a deleteable option)
I want to try and fix the schedule a recording problem too which is present in this image. It's not the neutrino file that's at fault so Just need some time to track it down.

Cryo

cryo i dont know if this helps m8 but me and someone else was looking at the saa7126.o file but i told them to wait for you as it was your image they were talking about m8

it was just a thought m8

cheers

@Cryo i'm really pleased to here you're on the case with the schedule a recording problem. Thats the only flaw in this image now dboxwinserver works perfectly.

Looking forward to trying out your next version. Keep the up the excellent work mate.

cryogenic said:
Thanks, I'll update this too in the next release. Have added a few fairly cool toy bits, and plan to add some more bits. Hopefully will have a ucode/driver selection menu that alot of you seem to need, i.e those without a net connection to the box (maybe have it as an add on option or a deleteable option)

Cryo

Hi mate,

You probably know but sportster have released a couple of small updates for the pro today.

de_deej

gav12345 said:
cryo i dont know if this helps m8 but me and someone else was looking at the saa7126.o file but i told them to wait for you as it was your image they were talking about m8

it was just a thought m8

cheers

Thanks Gav, I'll take a look. I don't care who fixes what ;)

cryogenic said:
Thanks Gav, I'll take a look. I don't care who fixes what ;)

i would take a look as i said to the other guy but im not taking a risc at the mo as my dbox is playing up a little so i cant flash anything else at the mo

im stuck with keywelt image and been playing with it a lot lol bored

cheers

i am useing this now

i am useing this on my sagem x1 box for nearly a week now and i must say it is absolutly ace installed 1.3 then updated to 1.4 had no isseues what soever.

Box has worked exactly how it should do, both image and sound are spot on i am very impressed.

well done m8 really happy about this totally...

I have a problem on this image, if you try and schedule a recording through the EPG (by going to the channel and selecting "Record Event") nothing happens, it does not set the timer up. You can still schedule a zapto event but not a recording event, a real shame as I thought after fixing the winserver problem this was going to be the ultimate image.

You can still schedule a recording by entering the timer manually, but this is no way near as convenient as setting it via the EPG

what can i say abt cryosporter ultra image, it's excellent and it the best and also the picture is very sharpe and the sound is just like dolby sounds.

So every1 dont just read whole thing get it and see yourself its wicked image ever i seen.

stonecoldaustin said:
downloaded it and worked fine ,i did a scan but missing some chanels ie:ch5/no ppv at all etc i am in manchester on n-l with a dbow x2 ...any ideas please .

Only gripe i have about this image. Does nowhere near pick up all the channels. Apart from that top notch - well done boys (yet again)..

ell-ess-dee said:
Only gripe i have about this image. Does nowhere near pick up all the channels. Apart from that top notch - well done boys (yet again)..

But it had the opposite effect on me. I managed to find all the channels again, after playing with other images and struggled to get the newer ones e.g More4, 4+1 etc.

I had a strange problem when I first flashed it though. It would be fine for an hour or so then it would pop up the epg for no reason and that would be it. My remote would be LOCKED the epg would stay up and I would have to reset all the box.

I dropped back onto an older Sporster Pro to see if it was a hardware issue but it was fine with that. So I put Ultra back on again dropped my services and Bouquets in and everything was great!

I like the fact that u code 014 doesn't crackle and fart my channel changes like other images do. (Use 014 because of the spts record issue) Also the fact you can use 2 cams Evo and New (New doesn't work on all my channels) at the same time.

Picture is great sound is great, spinning earth is great and channel changes are quick and clean.

epg dropping out on recording is a MINOR problem but after all the time and effort people put into these images. I can live with it, restarting epg isn't such a chore.

So all in all. A Very good stable all round image.

And may I send out a huge thanks to Cryo, Cydine, Liam, Gav and any other Image creators for coming up with the goods for us!

Thanks Guys!!!

Put this on a few days ago and had nearly no problems ( not any worth mentioning :) ) I find it responds faster than the sporster 1.72 image i was running.

Nothing much left to say other than....Thanks

Not had much joy with this at all - seems to shut the box down after flashing and I upload my services, channels & update channel list. Ruled out bad flash as this happens every time - using a Sagem 2xI.

Am using a strange 23.11.2005 supposedly Sportster Pro 2.0 (I know this must be incorrect - came flashed on the box when I acquired it - this seems the most stable image I've used)

vintreno said:
sorry to sounds like a dumb-ass
but is this the one for the nokia x2 chip?

you can get this image in 2x and 1x (as with most images), just make sure you get the right one for your box.
derek

Back