crossepg not working

gunnertrev

DW Member ++
Reaction score
hi lads i am looking for some help getting crossepg setup ,so far i have the box running fine on openatv image just cannot get epg to work ,i have installed autobouquets and crossepg via plugins and have my channel lists ok but crossepg wont work,i have configured it and selected 28.2 on list then when it starts it scans all the channels ok but then gets stuck on the next step reading the channels gets to 195kb and stops goes no further and stays on the screen not allowing me to change channels,any know whats wrong as i have read a couple of similar threads but they are getting crossepg but just missing some channels,thanks for any ideas received.

hi lads i am looking for some help getting crossepg setup ,so far i have the box running fine on openatv image just cannot get epg to work ,i have installed autobouquets and crossepg via plugins and have my channel lists ok but crossepg wont work,i have configured it and selected 28.2 on list then when it starts it scans all the channels ok but then gets stuck on the next step reading the channels gets to 195kb and stops goes no further and stays on the screen not allowing me to change channels,any know whats wrong as i have read a couple of similar threads but they are getting crossepg but just missing some channels,thanks for any ideas received.

What version of crossepg are you running ?

Most threads i read seem to point to older versions working and recent version causing problems.

Maybe you should try changing the version your using.

I had this problem before...however I didn't find a solution! I'm sure I saw a post here that someone sorted it by creating a larger swap file...I may be wrong though! Maybe a google search will bring it up

What version of crossepg are you running ?

Most threads i read seem to point to older versions working and recent version causing problems.

Maybe you should try changing the version your using.
i think its version 8.01 if that makes any sense,i downloaded another version and tried to put it in via DCC but couldnt log into box bootloader error even tough it had previously let me login and ftp,so i tried filezilla which i have never used before and put it in usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins but i am not sure if that is correct place to put it because i couldnt find it on the box.

I've setup a zgemma s2 on Vix hades 18 using latest crossepg 0.8.1 without an issue.

I use current version now on Vix 3.2 without an issue.

If there is an issue, I think it could be caused by changes to image itself.

For example, using PLi, crossepg wont work unless you install curl (which installs certificate library).

no issues with crossepg for ages now various images although i do not have that box

From my experience, issues with Cross EPG (specifically for peoiple using OpenTV EPG download, ie not uisng xmltv/internet based sources) are usually owing to the following:

People setting the storage device as internal flash memory. Best to use a HDD or USB stick. EPG is not read from storage device constantly, so a physical HDD is fine. If you have USB stick for picons, that is fine too.

Receiver running out of RAM: Resolved by adding a swap file.

Using Automatic Tuner configuarion: People use the Auto Diseqc setting. This gives grief that is hard to track down. You usually set the tuner once, so a few seconds of holding the button until you reach 28.2 avoids issues.

Misconfigured tuners: People set their tuners incorrectly. Only one cable connected, but they tell receiver that two are connected.

"Misconfigured" tuners (Software loop through): Although you can use software loopthrough when you only have one satellite signal wire, some receivers cannot loop from A to B (wire conneced to tuner A). They are fine if you connect the wire to tuner B and loop from B to A.

Reception issues with the Transponder: All tuners should be checked that they can receive from that TP properly. 11778, Vertical, 2/3

People usin Internet based ouyrce as well as satellited based. No need fo two, second one overwrites the first. Pick the one you want.

thanks lads for suggestions I think I will try a different image on the box and see how it goes.

just to let anyone with same problem know i had to switch back to an older version of crossepg to get it working as version 0.8.1 wouldnt work with openatv image.

just to let anyone with same problem know i had to switch back to an older version of crossepg to get it working as version 0.8.1 wouldnt work with openatv image.

yip I always use 0.6.2 for zgemma openatv 5.1. Had too many problems in the past with 0.8.1.

I've switched to the H2S model in the last week, and found even with the better performance of the box over the 2S CrossEPG 0.8.1 still doesnt function correctly, so im using the 0.6.2 version which seems to work ok, but 2 things -

1. Anyone know of a way to prevent OpenATV from wanting to update CrossEPG when you run a OTA update? ive been uninstalling\updating\reinstalling each time which is a pain, maybe a 3rd party plugin to block the update of CrossEPG??

2. Certain Channels (sly1, sly Atlantic and a few others) seem to always have blank EPG for the time between 6pm - 10(ish)pm most evenings, doesnt happen on the 2S with 0.8.1 is there a fix?

cheers

I've found the answer to my 1st question :) (not tested though) hope it helps others

Do the following on a Windows PC to stop Crossepg from updating, all other Openatv updates will not be affected and will update as per normal.
1. Click Start and select Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off.
2. Select the Telnet Client option and Click OK.
3. Open a Command Prompt (CMD) and run as Admin
4. Type 'telnet' then IP address of your Zgemma ie '192.168.1.8' then press enter
5. Type 'root' for login and press return
6. Type 'opkg flag hold enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg' and press return
7. Close CMD window and deselect Telnet client in Turn Windows features on or off

I find that if I try to download manually it hangs for some reason. Have it set to download automatically at 04:00 everyday and it works fine

I find that if I try to download manually it hangs for some reason. Have it set to download automatically at 04:00 everyday and it works fine

Is that version 0.8.1 you mean? maybe its because the box isnt in use so the plugin can use more of the internal memory for processing

Back