CPU Question

It seems to be ok, you can only test it when it is in your machine, but I would say it should do the trick.

It seems to be ok, you can only test it when it is in your machine, but I would say it should do the trick.

Very true. well thanks for your help and if i have any questions ill be back here posting :D

Alright guys,

I have had a look around online about Unlocking the AMD Athlon II x3 and i have seen alot of people saying stuff about changing the voltage of the CPU and also sometimes it breaks there CPU?

Is it actually safe to unlock this CPU?

AMD lock the core for the simple reason that one of them didn't pass a QA test.

Is it safe to unlock the core? Normally. However, it will void your warranty.

I would also consider upgrading the stock cooler if unlocking the nobbled core.

Right well at last i have it all together and up and running! BUT i just relised i dont have 64 bit windows 7 lol i got it all installed and saw its the 32 bit.... so i need a good copy of windows 7 ultimate 64bit if anyone know of one.

Thanks

Mine has been unlocked and running perfectly well as a Phenom 11 x4 for over 6 months.

Right well at last i have it all together and up and running! BUT i just relised i dont have 64 bit windows 7 lol i got it all installed and saw its the 32 bit.... so i need a good copy of windows 7 ultimate 64bit if anyone know of one.

Thanks

look here mate

Last edited by a moderator:
good thread this, is it easy to put all this stuff together, as iv never really done it before but always been interested in buying and building my own 1 day! seems a good price for what you have got and should be a decent machine, be good to see your feedback when its running on 64 instead of 32!

Right got 64bit on it now and unlocked the CPU all is working fine! its SOOOOO easy to put together and takes about 15 mins im really happy with how much i have payed (£253.20) thats including all P+P! My advice to anyone who wants to make there own build "DO IT" its fun, easy, cheaper and in the long run more of an enjoyable expireance on your computer! thanks to everyone for your help and i will be doing this all again very soon. Its a good money maker haha.

Thanks

Just got myself a nvidia geforce calibre 8800gtx 768mb oc edition for £40 from gumtree witch was a pretty good buy but i just did a video stress test on it with 3D Mark 06 and the PSU was pumping out loads of heat!!!! Im guessing i need more than 500w to run this card safely lol :s

Back