Coronavirus: Army veteran Tom Moore's £6m for NHS 'out of this world

9 million now. He got my backing 💪
From a generation of absolute iron, fought to save his country and all our futures and here he is again at 99 doing it again.
My cap is doffed in your direction Sir Tom.

yeah thats brilliant, 10m so far hes done very well and he will be remembered for a long time for doing it. should he really need to do something like this?

Last edited:
yeah thats brilliant, 10m so far hes done very well and he will be remembered for a long time for doing it. should he really need to do something like this?
Nobody forced him to do it. He wanted to do it to express his gratitude for the recent care he received from the NHS. :)

Nobody forced him to do it. He wanted to do it to express his gratitude for the recent care he received from the NHS. :)

what the guy has done is amazing and the amount he raised will save a lot of lives. do you think hed feel the need to do it if doctors and nurses on the front line werent crying out for more essential things to cope with this covid? i know no one held a gun to his head and told him to do it.

some of these politicians responsible for making such a mess of this covid emergancy deserve to be behind bars but never would be. leaving senior citizens to die in the nursing homes its disgusting. they should feel shame that this man feels then need to do this imo

Last edited:
i seen that lady was going to climb enough stairs so it would be the same as climbing a highland mountain. its sad she feels that she needs to do it but am saying no more this thread is about what tom moore has done and now what this lady feels the need too.

lol youre right, this lady seems to have taken a tough task on her self too. my other comment earlier is because i do feel a genuine anger that they feel we are in bad enough shape that they should need to do it even though they have been paying into the pot since the nhs was created.

tom moore should be knighted cause am sure it would mean the world to him, icant think of anyone of the top of my head to deserve it more, although am no expert or pay much attention to that stuff

because of my own views on other things royalty and honours are irrelevant to me or really any of my business. i dont even know if there is a higher honour. the only people i know of are celebrities and sports stars who were good at their jobs and jeffery archer. how is that on the same level of what this guy did for others? wouldnt it devalue that honour, reduce the importance of it in some way to the people who it matters to?. a genuine question not a criticism of royals or these awards.

Personally I think the people crying out for him to be knighted are one slate short of a roof. He deserves to be honoured in some other way for definite but this has been a bit of a novelty, a one-off. To be knighted for a 2.5km walk even at his age is hardly worthy of it despite the huge amount he's raised.
Jimmy Saville will be turning in his grave 😂

Back