Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coronation Street Star Maggie Jones Dies

malcb

Inactive User
Coronation Street actress Maggie Jones, who played Blanche Hunt, has died in hospital aged 75 after a long illness.

the star, who first appeared in the show 35 years ago, died this morning in hospital.

Jones was forced to pull out of filming on the ITV1 soap in October after being admitted to hospital for major surgery.

She won several comedy awards for playing Blanche, although she only became a regular cast member in 1999 after numerous occasional appearances.

5:01pm UK, Wednesday December 02, 2009 skynews.com

on the odd occasion I watched Corrie ;) she did make me laugh with her wise cracks :)

shame

What a shame, she was your worst nightmare for a mother-in-law lol, but very funny.

R.I.P. Maggie

They record it about 4 months in advance though dont they? I guess they will modife the secdual and change it so they can film a funeral for her charater on corrie

They record it about 4 months in advance though dont they? I guess they will modife the secdual and change it so they can film a funeral for her charater on corrie

Yh its filmed 2 - 3 months in advance so a cast member dying would mean that character would still be on screen for a few months unless they re shoot those episodes which is unlikely. She was given some great 1 liners though and just wonder how they are going to write her out now.

its more like 6 weeks in advanced than 2-3 months.

blanche was great and made me piss my side at the snide comments made a dierdre and ken and there son.

some how she reminded me of my nan.

may they both R.I.P.

Back