Confusion ....... much confusion!!!!

mannachie

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK this is a weird one which has had me stumped for a few days now ....... ?!?!?
Sly card threw a wobbler at the weekend and lost all its entitlements. Placed back in SlyHD box and message on screen advised 'This is the wrong card, insert the correct sky viewing card' Followed online instructions and got card working again quite quickly, clearing all channels (HD, movies, Sports, BT Sports) in SlyHD Box ..... happy days I said!!
Placed card in DM500 running Oscam & CCcam combo, for some reason, despite showing all required entitlements ..... only clears some Sly channels ..... i.e. entertainment, kids, music, discovery etc. Only SD, no sports, movies etc. Checked card again in original box .... no problems, all channels clear .......

Any ideas?!?!?

different card pairing, card fecked for hd and premium channels now

yes your card is now updated with the new pairing method that sky has rolled out so you will no longer be able to clear all channels in a non sky box.

yes your card is now updated with the new pairing method that sky has rolled out so you will no longer be able to clear all channels in a non sky box.

What?!?!?!?!? :CRYBABY: I must have taken my eye off things here for a bit coz that new pairing thing got past me completely. :Dunce:
With this are we saying that CS is dead in the water??? Is the roll out of this pairinf method a staged thing as I know a few folk not experiencing same problem. Is this a no solution fightback by Sly?!?!

There are a few threads about on the forum that have been running for a while now so have a read through them

There are a few threads about on the forum that have been running for a while now so have a read through them

Thanks, I think I will need to. Been so busy with other stuff last 6 months or so I really haven't been keeping abreast of what's going on in the big bad world of CS. lol

OK, done a bit of resding up on this subject and I am curious ....... if I was to aquire a box that does not support the pairing process e.g. a brand of Thomson box ..... and get the card re-paired to that box, would the card then work quite happily in a DM500??

I believe this has been done by others

I'd have thought that when you call Sly and ask them to re-pair the card to the Thomson box (for whatever reason you devise), they don't just offer to send out a replacement box that will take the new method ..... free of charge. Is this not happening then??

The good news is that I acquired a Thomson box via fleabay and re-paired the card .......... all is good in the world once more!! :Cheers:

dont mean to hijack the thread but its kinda relevent to it, Q.. I have an expired subscription that has never been in original box except to pair the card initially, (old pairing system) if i was to reactivate my sub would there be any need to place it back into original box to activate it?

not sure mate to be honest

bit iffy these days with the changes afoot

if not in correct box need to make sure your set up properly or may miss the important bits

Back