Complicated network setup - need help

Stiofain

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have cable coming into router in the attic. Reception was poor in the rest of the house so ran a cable from attic to bedroom to another router. Signal great throughout house and running 3 DM 500 off it (local + 2 others feeding off it). So then I had a spare router lying around and thought it would be good to get wireless going out in the garage. Have router working using a homeplug which is running off the router in the bedroom - all is good and the router in the garage seems to have a 10.0.0.x ip also. So what I want to know is whether its possible to keep the router in the garage on so I can connect to wireless but also hook another dreambox up out there using that router? So In summary c line would be going through homeplug to another router and then to dreambox?

Router overload....

No need for all that at all.

Why don't you just use homeplugs and have the one in the garage as a wireless homeplug.

I assume the router in your loft is essentially your broadband feed.

I would also question as to why you didn't bridge your routers (use them as AP's)

Router overload....

No need for all that at all.

Why don't you just use homeplugs and have the one in the garage as a wireless homeplug.

I assume the router in your loft is essentially your broadband feed.

I would also question as to why you didn't bridge your routers (use them as AP's)

Evolved like that over time. I am not an expert. I read about bridging for the first time yesterday. If I turn on bridge mode for the router in the garage will that work. Is that what u mean by make a wireless homeplug ( sorry did not understand what u were saying). What's an AP?

Back