Hikvision NVR wireless camera

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
I need to add a wireless camera to my hikvision 4x poe NVR.

I want a camera above my garage door to cover all of my driveway, the garage is detached but only a few feet from house, my NVR is in my attic, so no way to run a cat 6 cable.

Might replace the sensor light with one with a built in camera but would these connect to the hikvision?

Hikvision nvrs are usually pretty good and take rtsp streams from anything I have thrown at them. It’s a standard so shouldn’t be an issue.
Nvrs usually have a/many network connections for the cameras and a separate one for the network.
mid uou were to introduce the WiFi camera it would need to be on the same subnet as your home network. I.e the main connection to the nvr. Then just set the camera up as you would any other. If it’s another manufacturer you would just have to manually add the streaming address if it isn’t included in the presets.

personally i would use a point to point wireless link and then us a slandered camera. all i had to do was disable the port on the NVR to allow the camera to connect via the Lan port for my smart door bell

Back