compile failing

thebigman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys i've just got myself a new laptop and i cant get images to compile. at first i thought it might be a problem with ubuntu so i downloaded fiesty fawn from the vm site and set it up as nitr8's guide. Still getting the same error's so i'm thinking its to do with the laptop. it's a fujitsu siemens with a pentium dual core the error message is
Resolving tuxbox.berlios.de... 195.37.77.138
Connecting to tuxbox.berlios.de|195.37.77.138|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
23:09:47 ERROR 404: Not Found.

make[1]: *** [Archive/libpng-1.2.16.tar.bz2] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/freenet/tuxbox-cvs/cdk'
make: *** [/home/freenet/tuxbox-cvs/cdkflash/root] Error 2
grifty@freenet-desktop:~/tuxbox-cvs/cdk$
i'm getting a root and root-squashfs folder and squashfs.flfs1x and squashfs.flfs2x in cdkflash but nothing else

thebigman

Hi Guys i've just got myself a new laptop and i cant get images to compile. at first i thought it might be a problem with ubuntu so i downloaded fiesty fawn from the vm site and set it up as nitr8's guide. Still getting the same error's so i'm thinking its to do with the laptop. it's a fujitsu siemens with a pentium dual core the error message is
Resolving tuxbox.berlios.de... 195.37.77.138
Connecting to tuxbox.berlios.de|195.37.77.138|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
23:09:47 ERROR 404: Not Found.

make[1]: *** [Archive/libpng-1.2.16.tar.bz2] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/freenet/tuxbox-cvs/cdk'
make: *** [/home/freenet/tuxbox-cvs/cdkflash/root] Error 2
grifty@freenet-desktop:~/tuxbox-cvs/cdk$
i'm getting a root and root-squashfs folder and squashfs.flfs1x and squashfs.flfs2x in cdkflash but nothing else

thebigman

libpng-1.2.16.tar.bz2 isnt getting downloaded to your archive so it cannot further the make.

i have attached this file remove the .rar off the end and place it your archive.

you might find a usfull tip in newmake for dummies by nitr8 . it will explian how to symlink your archive so you dont need to keep on downloading the packages when doing a build.

Last edited:
thanks guys i cant understand why it wont download though i never had any problems with my old desktop

thebigman

It don't download for me either - maybe the host site is down

This happened to me also

In the end I deleted my ubuntu & reinstalled ellie1998 ubuntu but this was the one I was using anyway ?

but it fixed it :eater:

the cvs is pointing to a dead address.
I just searched yahoo got a copy and dumped it in
/tuxbox-cvs/cdk/Archive
it's been a dead link for a couple of weeks :(

Cheers ellie thats what i thought i just wasn't sure as i'd just set up my laptop and was begining to think it might be something to do with my set up at least i know now

thebigman

Back