Comedian Joan Rivers dies aged 81

neorage

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Comedian and TV host Joan Rivers has died, her daughter has said.

Rivers, 81, had been on life support in Mount Sinai Hospital since having a cardiac arrest in New York last week.

In a statement, her daughter Melissa said she died surrounded by family and friends, and she thanked hospital staff for their "amazing care".

The comedian, best known for her lacerating wit, stopped breathing during a procedure on her vocal chords at an outpatient clinic last Thursday.

"My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh," said Melissa Rivers.

"Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."

The actress and stand-up comedian is well known for her legendary put-downs and has more recently turned her razor-sharp tongue on the red carpet's worst dressed celebrities, hosting the E! network's Fashion Police.

Both Rivers and her daughter have appeared together in reality TV show Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?

SOURCE: BBC News - Comedian Joan Rivers dies aged 81

Another Legend leaves us for a better place of earth .... RIP

wow she was a well funny stand up comedian R.I.P Joan Rivers .....

That's a shame. Funny woman who wasn't afraid to speak her mind. :rip:

did think she was funny until she said this,,

'You're dead, you deserve to be dead - you started it': Joan Rivers in astonishing attack on 'stupid' Palestinians

Joan Rivers filmed ranting about the Gaza conflict outside airport
She said she did not feel bad because the Palestinians 'started it'
The 81-year-old said the civilian victims 'deserve to be dead'
She said 'at least the ones killed were the ones with very low IQs'
Later released a statement saying she stood by what she had said

Read more: Joan Rivers in astonishing attack on 'stupid' Palestinians in Gaza | Mail Online

just a few weeks after this and she dies.

did think she was funny until she said this,,

'You're dead, you deserve to be dead - you started it': Joan Rivers in astonishing attack on 'stupid' Palestinians

Joan Rivers filmed ranting about the Gaza conflict outside airport
She said she did not feel bad because the Palestinians 'started it'
The 81-year-old said the civilian victims 'deserve to be dead'
She said 'at least the ones killed were the ones with very low IQs'
Later released a statement saying she stood by what she had said

Read more: Joan Rivers in astonishing attack on 'stupid' Palestinians in Gaza | Mail Online

just a few weeks after this and she dies.

The problem being?

While Joan Rivers can be assumed to have been pro-Jewish and, by implication, pro-Israel you should NOT assume that is my stance.

When you have two states that should not exist, funded by third-parties that should know better, arguing about which one is right is a fundamentally flawed premise.

Its ok that innocent women and children are being killed and instead of being slightly sympathetic to that you insult them by saying this trash which she did. and you cannot see the problem with that!!!

i did not just read the headline, i have read the whole story and seen the video of her statement. i did not assume anything but you are assuming i only read the headline. i thought it would be tedious posting all the story as its there for all to see. We all know the history of the Israel State in the middle east( i assume) and how it got there. but my comments were only based on what she said about the poor innocent people who have been killed and are being killed and nothing more. if she had made these comments about the innocent lives being lost in other parts of the world where there are conflicts is ok as well??

one more thing Joan Rivers is Jewish so there is no assuming that she has pro jewish veiws.

Last edited:
i did not just read the headline, i have read the whole story and seen the video of her statement. i did not assume anything but you are assuming i only read the headline. i thought it would be tedious posting all the story as its there for all to see. We all know the history of the Israel State in the middle east( i assume) and how it got there. but my comments were only based on what she said about the poor innocent people who have been killed and are being killed and nothing more. if she had made these comments about the innocent lives being lost in other parts of the world where there are conflicts is ok as well??
Well said bro.

Back