clone or not

toppo

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all,hope some one can help me,thinking of buying a 18 month old vu+duo,it has blackhole 1.7.5 amage on it,could this be a clone,asking price £170,thanks toppo

Always ask the seller to clarify first and if buying through ebay you have protection anyway

this is a private sale and not from ebay,i have asked the seller but he does not know and was looking to know how he could check the vu to see if it a clone or not,

Ask him to load the latest bh or vox image on it..if it works genuine if not clone...also any stickers on the box...tell him take top off and post pics..u can then tell if genuine or clone

if its made in Korea is original if its made in china its a clone

I had a brand new clone, it worked for 4 days, now I got original and no problems at all :)

thanks for the info jammoboss,waiting for him to get back to me with some photos and see if he can update to b/hole 1.7.6

if this is original what would be a good price to ofter for it or would i be better buying a new one,i never had a vu before,looking to move up to a better receiver with a good epg,what would be good for around £150,thanks

Question I would ask myself is why is he selling a vu duo? probably the best receiver out there all be it overpriced.

i think the clones can take bh 1.7.6, ask him to load the latest vix 3.0 or the latest blackhole 2.0.5 which i have on my genuine duo, also "made in korea" can be stamped on clones as well, which i unfortunately happened to purchase but got rid of asap, if you can get him to take a picture of the inside there are some sites which show you the difference between clones and genuine dus, such as psu and some other features,

Last edited by a moderator:
if its genuine £170 is a good price for the extra £70 you can get 1 brand new then you no its genuine and under warranty

thanks for all your help,it was a clone,back to the drawing board

170 for a second hand clone DUO is a rip-off..a brand new clone is around 165 delivered.

Hello everyone newbie here. This got me wondering if my vu duo is genuine or not. How do i tell?? Someone did all the setup for me eitherwise i would try to install new image. I got rid of the box so i cant check that. Dont remember if it had the cable or not. There is a sticker the top left front that has link to vu website for firmware update. From what i read Clones have some other website directing to working images for clones. What else should i look for?

Thanks

There is a sticker the top left front that has link to vu website for firmware update.

only clones come with such a sticker so if it had that sticker it was a clone.

Theres the website URL sticker on the front left hand corner of the box as mentioned, then there is also a sticker on the rear in the box near the tuner input that has the version number of the clone "V2" or "V3" etc.
Other than that you will need to open the lid and check pictured of known clone boards and originals, i.e: look for the clone security modules etc, differences in power supply and mainboard parts ..

Thanks for the replies, yeh its a clone it has the sticker with website and the v2 sticker at the back. Not suprised but glad to get clarification.

Hello everyone newbie here. This got me wondering if my vu duo is genuine or not. How do i tell?? Someone did all the setup for me eitherwise i would try to install new image. I got rid of the box so i cant check that. Dont remember if it had the cable or not. There is a sticker the top left front that has link to vu website for firmware update. From what i read Clones have some other website directing to working images for clones. What else should i look for?

Thanks
The power supple unit on a clone is usually crap, and poorly made. The Chinese are doing a roaring trade selling these.

Thanks for the replies, yeh its a clone it has the sticker with website and the v2 sticker at the back. Not suprised but glad to get clarification.

The price you paid would give it away too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What are the issues with a clone box. Do they all break down or work slower or freeze? is it possible to get a genuine one for £200?

What are the issues with a clone box. Do they all break down or work slower or freeze? is it possible to get a genuine one for £200?

270 ish I think for a genuine, issues include psu over heating, poor quaility control, my duo didn't carry sound over hdmi ffs but component fine (if ur lucky ul have no problems, the hdmi was my only problem in a year)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back