CK3 Mini

fitzybhoy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've using an Xecuter CK3 connectivity kit for flashing a couple of lite-on drives. I connected it to the computer today and it shorted out, some of the solder started smoking, now it's fried. Doh!!!

Looking for a replacement, I've came across a ck3 mini. I have two drives (both liteons) and already have the keys, so it's just updates I use it for.

But my nephew wants his done (liteon) does the ck3 mini have a facility for connecting a probe?

BTW any reviews or feedback of these devices would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

owch, what you do, power the wrong way mate? easily can be done with the older ck3 if your not careful, but you've found out the hard way.

Blowing the ck3 is not as bad as blowing the PCB when you don't know the key. Good thing the newer units have self resetting fuses.

Green on top, horns on top. I suppose if you turn it upside down for probing they go on the bottom.

The old CK3 should still be repairable.

Blowing the ck3 is not as bad as blowing the PCB when you don't know the key. Good thing the newer units have self resetting fuses.

Owch....! I bet, and what do you mean "self resetting fuses" on the new units, can you elaborate....

Interesting read, I wonder why M$ decided to use them on the new drives, wonder if there repair centres were popping them now and then and made to many costly mistakes, if not why would they do that? not to benefit the xbox 360 hackers, or did they, is this all part of the master plan, (I did post once about a theory I had on the whole cat and mouse game but I won't go into loads of details and bore your ass..lol, you might have read it ages ago)

owch, what you do, power the wrong way mate? easily can be done with the older ck3 if your not careful, but you've found out the hard way.

I think so, was talking to my dad whilst doing it and wasn't really paying attention. The solder just flared in slow motion like a dynamite fuse...lol.

Ah well shit happens.

lol! reminds me of the good old days, soldering and the like after 8 cans of stella......seen many a firework display....

Back