Slim DG-16D4S - Jungle Flasher.....just a quick question....

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am just having a read of JF it's been a while but if I'm right in thinking then the following drive can be done

the drive is a Lite-on
model: DG-16d4S

Manufacture date: May 2010

FW version: 9504
HW version : A0A0

then noticed this bit in jungle...

Currently Only the LiteOn Slim Drive with 9504/0272 (pre 13599 dashboard) can be written to (unless you have a unlocked 0225/0401 – Rare!) The Drives with Firmware Version 0272 (if you have dashboard 13599) 0225, 0401 and 1071 can ONLY have their Keys Read unless they have been modified or unlocked
NOTE: AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE (13146) ALL SLIM 9504 LITEONS ARE NOW STOCK 0272 FW – AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE (13599) 0272 ARE NOW LOCKED!

AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE (13146) ALL SLIM 9504 LITEONS ARE NOW STOCK 0272 FW – AFTER DASHBOARD UPDATE 13599

So would I need a replacement PCB (T-X) or a Pro kit modified PCB ?

Yes Dibbers or the sputnik switch or probe / kamikaze hack depending on whether its the MXIC or Winbond chip.

Thanks for that, thinking the probe might be a better idea, got the old one for the old phat liteons and the new probe for the newer version of extracting using MPX01, How do I find out if it's MXIC or winbond again? hook it up to JF ? is getting the sputnik just a better option all round? few solder points?

Have a look here dibbers h**p://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68258 if it`s 03 it`s a MXIC , 05 and its a winbond which needs to be kamikazed or a replacement PCB

is this one of the more difficult drives?

It is if it has the winbond chip although you could just buy a replacement PCB if you don`t fancy doing the kamikaze hack on it.Before you do any kind of hack to the drive you can dump the firmware , it`s advised to use the usbpro as there isn`t many sata chipsets compatible with the slim drives.
is this one of the more difficult drives?

It is if it has the winbond chip although you could just buy a replacement PCB if you don`t fancy doing the kamikaze hack on it.Before you do any kind of hack to the drive you can dump the firmware , it`s advised to use the usbpro as there isn`t many sata chipsets compatible with the slim drives.

how can i check all tis stuff?
bearing in mind that the xbox is in bits in two carrier bags now lol

the drive revision will be on the outer dvd case , you can open the case and have a look at the chip on the PCB (see earlier link) and see if it`s a MXIC or Winbond or you can hook it up to the pc and JF will let you know what chip it is.

it says FW ver: 9004 HW Ver: A0A0

does that help?

Just need to find out if it`s a MXIC or Winbond chip now , easiest way is to take the dvd case apart and have a look on the chip for 03 or 05 buzzer.

hi there i require a bit of help if possible
okay i have tried replacing the laser - fail
im thinking of swapping out a liteon drive from a xbox that the gpu chip fried on with a phillips benq drive in a xbox that works(except for the dvd drive) heres the part i dont quite understand can i retrieve the key from the benq to the lite-on and what programs do i use?
any help is great and will be fully appreciated

Get hold of jungleflasher and read the tutorial , tells you everything in that . If you go on xbox live you will need to swap the drives like for like mate.
hi there i require a bit of help if possible
okay i have tried replacing the laser - fail
im thinking of swapping out a liteon drive from a xbox that the gpu chip fried on with a phillips benq drive in a xbox that works(except for the dvd drive) heres the part i dont quite understand can i retrieve the key from the benq to the lite-on and what programs do i use?
any help is great and will be fully appreciated

Back