Chorus MMDS DM500T, what next

sure did, even though i've an excellent sig to start with..

seems like using a different downconverter might be an option.. i'll prost more when i know more.

Some TV boosters have an gap between 230mhz and 470mhz.
Did you try one which cover the full range?

i'll have to admit i'm not sure if my booster has a gap...
quite likely as when my ant was badly positioned before and my sig was not so hot, it failed to bring down the BER even a little..

but i've dragged a 500 around the country... it's been tried on a varied of signals of different strenths..

i think that there is not much that can be done.. i'm nearly tempted to drive to the base of the transmitter and see how i get on from a mobile operation haha.

Read posts before contacting members

Hey all,

if you have been reading through this website you will know that it is here to help all who wish to setup a dreambox. I would ask that if you are in need of help that you have a read of this thread first before emailing me. Allot of the emails i get are already covered in the info i posted. I am happy to help but please try to help yourself first

few points when setting up a dreambox

the image you use does not contain all the files you need.
the files are posted on this website but you need to be a member to get them
I waited until i had 20 posts but really recommend you donate, i will be doing so soon, this is an excellent website.

Knobby

Hey guys, does anyone know where i can get a jensen vrd-1ff ground loop isolator. i am getting a buzz off my dreambox

thanks mgb but trying to get the gensen. apparently they are the one stop shop.........they work great

There is no difference beside the price.
Ground breaking is ground breaking.
You maybe lose more signal strength with the cheap one but thats it.

Last edited:
thanks mgb, i managed to get a jensen. I wanted to get a high end isolator because i have a single point where i can connect it and it will provide to all the tvs in the house. For this reason i wanted to make sure that there was no signal loss. Your advice is much appreciated

Back