Chelsea part company with ancelotti

JimmyP

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
CARLO ANCELOTTI LEAVES CHELSEA | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has parted company with the club.

Ancelotti left his post less than two hours after Sunday afternoon's final Barclays Premier League game of the season at Everton, which the Blues lost 1-0.

That heralded the end of their worst season since Roman Abramovich bought the club in 2003, with Ancelotti failing to win a trophy in what was his second year at the helm.

The club said in a statement on their official website: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Carlo Ancelotti parted company with the club today (Sunday, 22 May).

"The owner and board would like to thank Carlo for his contribution and achievements since taking over as manager in July 2009, which included winning the Double for the first time in the club's history.

"However, this season's performances have fallen short of expectations and the club feels the time is right to make this change ahead of next season's preparations.

"Carlo will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge, where he will be given the reception and respect his position in our history deserves.

"Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and we will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager.

"There will be no further comment until that appointment is made."

they'll get guus hiddink in....

Just shows wot a bunch of coonts they are.Here's a guy who won them the double last year, scoring a record number of goals in PL etc. Gets lumbered with a £50m waxwork of a top Spanish striker at a time when they could have regained form and it's all his fault. It's obvious they need a bit of rebuilding so why not let him have a go? He'll probably get a job at Man City cos City only won the cup and qualified for Champs League which is bound to be an underachievement goin by other controlling zillionare owners

I think that Chelsea lost the league this year down to Carlo's managment decisions. Just because someone has a good year does not make them a good manager. Carlo inherited a rejuvinated team that Gus Hiddink had got back into the right mentality after Grant and Scolari episodes.

If you look at Grant's reign at Chelsea he inherited a team from Jose that even I could have got results from, they didn't need managment. Grant's managment skills have been proven at Portsmouth and West Ham. Even if Terry had scored in Moscow Grant would still have been sacked as he proved he had no plan B.

The next problem is his sucessor, I would love Jose back, It might happen but then pigs might fly.

I would not be surprised to see Louis Van Gaal as the next Chelsea boss but would need a good strong Britsh number two, Butch Wilkins or Stevie Clark would be my choices.
Oh and he's 25/1 worth a punt in my book.

I think that Chelsea lost the league this year down to Carlo's managment decisions. Just because someone has a good year does not make them a good manager. Carlo inherited a rejuvinated team that Gus Hiddink had got back into the right mentality after Grant and Scolari episodes.

If you look at Grant's reign at Chelsea he inherited a team from Jose that even I could have got results from, they didn't need managment. Grant's managment skills have been proven at Portsmouth and West Ham. Even if Terry had scored in Moscow Grant would still have been sacked as he proved he had no plan B.

The next problem is his sucessor, I would love Jose back, It might happen but then pigs might fly.

I would not be surprised to see Louis Van Gaal as the next Chelsea boss but would need a good strong Britsh number two, Butch Wilkins or Stevie Clark would be my choices.
Oh and he's 25/1 worth a punt in my book.

Seriously I cannot understand how anyone can defend this sacking. Chelsea's huge crash in form coincided when Abramovich sacked Wilkins, and then he brings in Torres, I wonder how much of a say Ancelloti had in that?

1 good year does not make them a good manager? but apparently 1 bad year does. He won 8 trophies in about 5 years with AC Milan including 2 champions league, yea he's not a good manager lol.

Wilkins and Clarke back to Chelsea while Abramovich is there-not in a million,their pride would not allow it.Clarke wouldn't leave kenny now anyway. Ancelotti may have inherited a good team but they did actually storm to the title and started this season in the same fashion.Previous poster is correct,it all started with Wilkins gettin the boot and compounded by Torres bein bought by the owner. Just remember that same owner got rid of the best man u have had (Jose) again cos chelsea finished in that unacceptable position -2nd. rumours will have it that it was for other reasons but it is quite clear.would grant have been sacked if they won the champs league in 2008 and/or won the league? Football is being ruined by owners and chairman who think they know how to run a team better than the manager and some are getting their cumuppance...West Ham....I rest my case

Back