check kv boxes for online updates

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
check your model to see if box does the s/w online update,report back,usual rules apply factory reset/rescan etc.

Just tried to update an old box i havn't used in ages , But it won't update . any ideas why?

what firmware date is box on?
if the firmware on the box is really old, then you might need to flash with null modem cable..

The last update i did with the null modem lead was 24/042011 bin . Can't find a newer one anywere.
Cheers for the quick answer. Buzzer.

The last update i did with the null modem lead was 24/042011 bin . Can't find a newer one anywere.
Cheers for the quick answer. Buzzer.

trying searching in your pm's ;)

Worked a treat that Buzzer . Thanks again.

thats why people are having problems,best to try and see if box can do an online s/w update maybe every month or 2,failing this as said the null modem flash again time.current firmware for the 780 is 11112012, and for the 750 is feb 2013.:Bounce:

my 780 has 240412 on it - when i go to s/w update, i get 'searching new update' for ages. How long does it take to search ???

you will have to manual flash with the Nov 2012 binfile and then do an online software update.. :)

Ok - thanks for taking the time to reply. The box is working fine (apart from the usual 'glitching' !). that will give me time to dig out my old comp and find some leads..........

P.s. where would i find the latest bin file ?? (in my PMs ?!?! ;) )

Theres a lot of ;) going on here

;)

if i blew you a kiss you might think it was an improper post:Ha:

That made me laugh.......................

these emoticons get better and better - what happended to :)

can't beat a wink..

alot of winking going on here.. ;)

Thanks to Buzzer for the update file..

Spent an hour trying to do the update - kept getting 'download not requested' message.

I was using a usb/serial converter, so thought it must be that (old comp doesnt have a serial port) :(

Then I took a a 'close' look at my modem cable - a pin-to-pin check revealed it was a 'Serial Cable' !!!!

Bought a 2 quid Nul Modem Cable of the ebay : It arrived today and the updated process took about 5 mins :) :)

and did you put a label on the cable saying straight serial cable?or cut it in 2 :lsabre:

Back