cheapest broadband in town

S

scoot

broadband is getting cheaper all the time except telewest that is, lol

but www.freedial.biz

part of world -domain , is offering the cheapest deal this side of the mason dixon line,

, its advertising a £12.99 a month 512kb connection, plus a one off fee of £80. squid ,

regards scoot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED By GAZER 17/03/03

This is the scam of the year KEEP away from them READ FOR MORE on them.

Nice one scoot ;)

Just had a look at that site:

Broadband Availability Checker powered by BT
For Telephone Number *********** on Exchange ****************

Good news! The checker indicates that Broadband is available in your area and that the preliminary check on your line suggests that you should be able to receive Broadband ADSL at speeds from 512kilobits per second to 2Megabits per second downstream and 256kilobits per second upstream.

Please note that a further test on your line will be performed should you decide to place an order, to make sure that your line is suitable before progressing the order.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards Gazer.

excellent price

no probs m8,

mines £25.00 , with telewest

so that seemed a very good deal

regards scoot

yeah i was looking at it 2 :)

i have broadband from pipex £23 a month :)

but whats the differece between the budget adsl and the full package from that site ??????

just wondering i think for 12.99 i will switch but gazer can get it first and let me know what its like :) LOL

does sound to good to be true and things that sound to be good to be true normaly are but who knows .. but this bit our Budget plans will initially be subsidised by our other premium plans what happens after they stop being subsidised by the premium plans ??

Q. How can you sell a service for what some are saying is below "cost price"?
A. The pricing for some of our Budget plans will initially be subsidised by our other premium plans which are selling very well. The idea is that by selling a subsidised product we will attract a broader customer base and subsequently improve sales in our other premium products. Even selling the Budget DSL plan at "below cost" it more than covers it's cost for at least the initial 12month contract because of the modest surplus from the activation fee and connection equipment thanks to an exceptional deal we have made with the manufacturers.

Q. Is there a cut-off time for your budget ADSL?
A. No - our ADSL plans are all 24/7 connections with no cut off.

Q. What is the difference between the ADSL plans and what costs are involved?
A. These are the currently available ADSL plans:

Budget DSL £12.99 per month
£80 Connection Fee
£88 Connection kit - USB adapter/modem + 1 line filter
Dynamic IP
50:1 contention
Up to 500kbit/s downstream
Up to 250kbit/s upstream
5 Webmail address
Limited telephone support (10am - 4pm)*

Home DSL £26.95 per month
£80 Connection Fee
£88 Connection kit - USB adapter/modem + 2 line filters
Fixed IP
50:1 contention
Up to 512kbit/s downstream
Up to 256kbit/s upstream
USB/Ethernet option
Unlimited email addresses
50MB of webspace
Full telephone support (24 hr)*

Up to now

its cost me
Order Total: £243.93GBP
For this lot:

Products Or Services
1 x Budget DSL Plan
- Hardware Kit Postage:
- Line Connection/Activation Fee:
- Upg. to 33:1 cont. - per month:
- Extra MicroFilter/Splitter: Twin Pack
- Fixed IP - per month:
- ADSL Modem Option: Dual Ethernet/USB ADSL Router

22/11/2002 Awaiting Line Check Result
20/11/2002 Processing
19/11/2002 Pending

So we will see what happens now.

Regards Gazer.

cheapest dial up isp in town

try this guys an galls cheapest isp unmmetered acsess ,

no fixed contract wowwwwwww!!

no service limits, woooooooooow!!

no premium rate techi support, ferkin woooooooowww!

here it us £6.99 a month on 24/7

[DLMURL]http://www.fast4.net/[/DLMURL]

regards scoot

Last edited by a moderator:
yep yer right m8,

but no contract with this one,

so they cant have u by the footballs m8

regards scoot

normally cheap BB providers stop p2p & forums that means no kazaa no DC no DW!!:Chainsaw: :mad:

Poor monkey LOL:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

SCAM OF THE YEAR

SCAM OF THE YEAR

Subject: Welcome to FreeDial.biz
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:27:14 GMT

Dear Gary,

We welcome you to the online ordering and account tracking area of FreeDial.biz.

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Tracking - Any products or services added to your online order remain there until you remove them, or confirm the order.
Address Book - We can now deliver your products (but not services) to another address other than yours!
Order History - Track and View your history of purchases that you have made with us.
Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products and services with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email our Help Desk: [email protected].

Note: If you are receiving this email in error - or you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Ordered: Tuesday 19 November, 2002

Products Or Service
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Budget DSL Plan (FD-BudgetDSL) = £243.93GBP
Hardware Kit Postage
Line Connection/Activation Fee
Upg. to 33:1 cont. - per month No
Extra MicroFilter/Splitter Twin Pack
Fixed IP - per month No
ADSL Modem Option Dual Ethernet/USB ADSL Router
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £243.93GBP
Including 17.5% Vat: £36.33
Total: £243.93GBP

Delivery Address
-------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Order Update
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:19:44 GMT
Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing
----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:58:45 GMT

New status: Awaiting Line Check Result
---------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:36:53 GMT

New status: Primary Line Check Passed
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Order Updates
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 12:08:12 GMT

Dear FreeDial Customer,

As you may be aware our kit despatch operation is now well under way and BT are now activating lines for our orders every day.

As BT appear to have been dealing with our orders in batches we have had many customers have their account status changed at the same time. This is causing a few problems with our Help Desk being inundated with requests for updates. Some of you have had your line check passed status showing for some time now and are quite rightly asking how your order is progressing.

So as to set your mind at ease we would like to assure you that your order is being processed as quickly as possible and have outlined below the current situation:

We had large numbers of line check results come in and around 22/11/02 if your order was one of these expect your account status to show despatch anytime from now until Tuesday 10th.

When your status changes to show despatch, delivery should be within 1-3 working days with activation set 0-3 days from then.

Until now we have been provided with delivery dates from our distributors who are using Parcel Force for these deliveries, however, the majority of these have proven to be innaccurate by a day either side of the date given. Unfortunately we have no control over that at this stage.

Unless your query is very urgent we kindly ask you to refrain from making enquires regarding order status or updates. If you need to contact us please bear in mind that we are currently very busy dealing with batched orders that BT have now confirmed so we may not be able to respond with the swiftness you may have become accustomed to from us.

Thank you for your patience.

FreeDial.biz Accounts Team
------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Customer Service Update
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:15:14 GMT

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Important Announcement

Dear FreeDial customer,

As you may be aware we have had a certain number of our broadband orders inexplicably delayed
processing through BT's activation system. After protracted high level meetings with BT Wholesale
management last week we are happy to announce that from now on they are to be providing us with
fixed "activated on or before" dates for each/every order.

There are approximately 115 original pre-registered users out of around 3000 still not activated and
this new commitment and information will be extended to cover any of these not activated by 8pm on
16/12/02

BT are collating the information and will be forwarding the data to us as soon as possible, we will
then pass this information on to all our customers waiting for line activation. However, as this is
not normal practice we have at present no automated system for providing this so we will be handling
the procedure manually.

As you can imagine the logistics of this could prove quite cumbersome so please bear with us whilst
we deal with this. As we get the information in for your specific order and line activation you
will be sent an email with the details. Until then please do not contact our Help Desk staff with
regards to individual activation dates as they will be unable to assist you in this matter.

Thank you for your patience.

FreeDial.biz Customer Service Team
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: FreeDial Service Update
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 13:36:53 GMT

Dear FreeDial Broadband Customer,

We realise many of our customers have not received their service as speedily as expected or indeed
as initially outlined by the timescales provided by BT.

We also understand that you signed up for a FreeDial Broadband service and that your service
agreement is with us not BT Broadband, we have of late pointed the finger at BT and some of you may
be dubious or even concerned that we may be using BT as an excuse for our own deficiencies.

The fact is that these delays have been solely caused by BT's failure to fully commission their new
order handling system (MOPS) for the new wholesale product that we are the first ISP in the UK to
use.

We have been working in the background at high level with BT to address these issues and to confirm
to you that we have done and are continuing to do everything we can on our side to achieve the
quickest possible connection of our customers to their broadband service.

By way of apology and in the hope of addressing any concerns regarding our service, we obtained a
statement from BT in which they accepted responsibility for these delays.
We were hoping to put this statement out before the holidays but after intervention from the BT
Wholesale legal team we are now not able disclose the contents of the statement on the basis that it
could be seen as prejudicial in the face of pending legal action against BT for the failure of them
to handle our orders correctly.

BT are now telling us that they have resolved their problems and are now in a position to activate
lines in their normal lead time basis which is normally 5 working days, inactivated orders will
therefore be handled afresh from 06/01/03.

However, we realise many of you may be unwilling to tolerate further delays and inconvenience, so to
that end any order cancellation requests at this point will be met with a refund on return of any
modem kits or accessories supplied in good condition and with a covering note. Another option
available is to keep the modem kit/accessories and a refund will be made on the remainder of the
costs charged.

We hope this goes some way to confirming that we are genuine in our commitment to providing our
customers with the service that they deserve and to assure you that we have done everything in our
power to resolve these problems with BT who are solely responsible for this situation.

Board of Directors
FreeDial.biz
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:15:22 GMT

New status: Awaiting Line Activation
--------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Customer Service Update
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:20:03 GMT

Important Announcement

Dear FreeDial customer,

In continuing efforts to improve our broadband services we have been negotiating a means for issuing
fixed, guaranteed* line activation times in the quickest possible timescale.

As of this week activation notices are being generated and subsequently sent out indicating line
activations guaranteed to take place on or before the date given.

Please understand that until activation dates are generated by the BT ordering system we are unable
to provide individual activation dates or indeed notice of when the individual dates will be
generated.
This process will be handled automatically and as soon as an activation date has been issued for
your order you will be sent out an automated order status update. Login and configuration details
will also be provided at this time.

Assuring you of our continuing commitment to providing you the service you deserve.

FreeDial.biz Customer Service Team

* BT are able to commit to this barring any unforeseen line problems, fault or contractual issues etc.

Legal Notice
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Update
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:46:09 -0000

Dear Gary

As I explained in my previous email, I am waiting for an update from Royal
Mail to confirm the kit was not sent to your address, as soon as this is
confirmed I will authorise your refund.

Regards
Accounts.

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 10:15 PM

>
>
> > Dear Gary,
> >
> >I apologise for not getting back to you earlier but I have been away all
week. I contacted Royal Mail and was waiting for a reply to which I did not
receive until today, we have proof of posting that the equipment was
despatched to you they are investigating the matter further.
> >
> >If in the meantime it does arrive please contact me once.
> >
> >Regards
> >
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> I would like this freedial Boardband to now be canceled and my money to be
returned to my account as soon as poss.
> This matter has now gone on to long.
> Iam sorry about all the problems that your company are having in dealing
with getting us connented up.
> But i have now had enough as this as gone on for 3 months.
>
> Regards Gary
---------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:10:18 -0000
To: <gary.
Cc:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Gary,

I have informed royal mail of the urgency of this matter.

Regards
Flora

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 11:35 PM

>
>
> > Dear Gary,
> >
> >As I explained in my previous email, I am waiting for an update from
Royal
> >Mail to confirm the kit was not sent to your address, as soon as this is
> >confirmed I will authorise your refund.
> >
> >Regards
> >Accounts.
> >
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> I cannot see why this as taken over two and a half weeks for them to get
back to you, on were this thing is.
> I would like this sorted out this week please as i am starting to think
that Freedial is a big con.
> And i am now seriously thinking of getting my solicitor involved in this
as you have had my money now for over two months.
>
> Gary

---------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Imortant Announcement
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:46:13 GMT

Important Announcement

Subsequent to the last round of high level meetings with BT Wholesale we regret to inform that due
to BT reneging on our agreements and special arrangements we are forced to suspend all our broadband
operations.

Accounts with status showing as pending, processing or awaiting line check will not be processed
further nor will any payments be taken.

We would like to make it clear that these delays in activation have never been to do with our
business model, pricing policy or financial standard - we have always placed BT in funds of required
amounts on request - this situation has arisen through absolutely no fault of FreeDial. Our priority
has always been the connection of our customers in the quickest possible time frame and we have
striven to achieve this even to the extent that we were persuaded by BT to trial their new MOPS
provisioning system and Shared Pipe platform (we were the first ISP to sign up to this service) as
they were convinced this would be the quickest solution.Obviously this has not been the case, they
have not kept to promised time frames or undertakings and we are left with no alternative but to
pursue every course of redress against them (BT).

We have placed official complaints with all relevant bodies and in the interests of our customers we
are preparing our dossier for pending legal action.

Unfortunately we are unable to go into further detail at present for legal reasons, but rest assured
we will do all in our power to inform you of the full circumstances as soon as we are able to.

We apologise for not being able to provide the service as intended.

FreeDial Broadband Team

Legal Notice

However, we realise many of you may be unwilling to tolerate further delays and inconvenience, so to
that end any order cancellation requests at this point will be met with a refund on return of any
modem kits or accessories supplied in good condition and with a covering note. Another option
available is to keep the modem kit/accessories and a refund will be made on the remainder of the
costs charged.

We hope this goes some way to confirming that we are genuine in our commitment to providing our
customers with the service that they deserve and to assure you that we have done everything in our
power

And iam still waiting for my £243.93 + p&p from the fu*kers :Chainsaw:

wankers ... i hope this gets crawled by the search engine soon and its there for everyone to read !!!!!!!!!!

Due to circumstances beyond FreeDial's control we are no longer able to provide these services.

Back