cheapest broadband in town

If you feel you have been scamed in anyway contact these people below. Im sure they can sort something out.
Sounds like blatent fraud to me! Lets all set up a dummy company and declare ourselves bankrupt once we've made our mint. W*nkers!

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/cf1.asp

Cheap Broadband

Im using Plusnet, it costs me £21.99 per month which includes the price of the cable modem. After 12 months it drops to £19.50 or there abouts.

Been using them for about 7 months with no problems.

Worth a look if you want to go down the broadband road.

Free dial-up

Gazer I have read this thread and it never reached a conclusion.
Did you get your money back? I hope you did!!
I am currently using Supanet it is alittle expensive at £29.99 a month. They rent you the modem for the duration of your contract(minimum 12 months). Connection was free(I should think so).
At the time I got it I still had 9 months to run on my 24/7 dial-up so had to sign with them or pay the oustanding balance in full if I cancelled. My exchange was only Broadband enabled on the 29th August 2003( a bit behind up here in Bonnie Scotland)
I have not had any problems with them at all. They offer a good support line freephone #, not like some who charge 50p-£1 a minute.
Anyway I've babbled on long enough. I just hope you received a refund.:confused:

Jim:)

If you go to
hxxp://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/summarylist.asp

it gives the Total Cost of Ownership for the first year (i.e. incl set-up fees or modem fees) so you can compare 512k/1Mb/2Mb. It also helps once you've narrowed the choice down to browse the Message Boards there as they have ISP specific sections so you can see all the gripes users have for a particular ISP.

Nix

i have wannadoo crap
was freeserve...been thinking of changing for a while...any suggestions for manchester most welcome lozzy

I'm with nthell and am paying £28.99 for a 1meg connection (I think they boobed on the price) but I aint gonna tell them..........lol

Mykey38 said:
Im using Plusnet, it costs me £21.99 per month which includes the price of the cable modem. After 12 months it drops to £19.50 or there abouts.
Been using them for about 7 months with no problems.
Worth a look if you want to go down the broadband road.

Yup me too plusnet works well, good speed good service!...fair price.. lets face it you don't get nothing for nothing.........;-(

powerband said:
I'm with nthell and am paying £28.99 for a 1meg connection (I think they boobed on the price) but I aint gonna tell them..........lol

Blah.. i have 1.5mb which is what u shud have now.. 15th of august in the morning i downgraded to 300k :( so i phoned back up 1 hour later and said can i upgrade my internet to 1.5mb they said okay hang on he came back and said done!! wait an hour.. blah blah blah.. within 5 minutes i was surfing at 1.5mbs within 2 month i had paid £38 for a hole 2 months service :) and im still paying £17.99 how do i know?? cause i received my dd notice yesterday :) wooo fast net at european prices :)

Back