Cheap box wanted for xmas? what would you get?

i really have no idea who the best uk retailer is for these now adays so if anyone can pm me id be much obliged.

not sure of sellers name on that auction site but its openbox x3 and 50.99 delivered. based in uk and have ordered a few boxes and next or day after delivery :D highly recommended. I have a good channel list if you need one. 51 quid and great hd pic. If you have a sub then email your server and ask can you have 2 boxes with same cccam on same ip (most do) and put them cccam details in openbox and bam :D any help needed drop me a pm. Very easy box to set up, never used wifi with it before (sold seperate) so cant comment on it. Box does record and can set timers. Havent had a problem at all :D

Last edited:
My post seems to have dissapeared from yesterday.

I wonder if it would be worth getting the dual tuner amiko and retiring my dm800 to the spare room ?

BUT I do like the idea of a nice cheap box to play with:)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Really need to make my mind up and sort it tomorrow!

Ive got £100 budget now.................Must order it today or tomorrow in time for xmas

sorry i keep posting as i cant see how to edit my posts!??

***OPENBOX X3 HD*** + 3 PIN UK PLUG, HDMI, ORIGINAL UPGRADE OPENBOX S11, S10, S9
100%Genuine, Channels List GOLD HDMI CABLE

£51 including postage? worth a punt? is there a lot of software for them?

skyopen box f3....done afew for mates. very happy, great picture, simple to set up, all done by a usb flash drive....cheap and cheerful...bought a few from next day delivery..

Last edited by a moderator:
The naming conventions and brands are very confusing, theyre clones of each other with lots of variants..theres not much difference either will be fine for what you need,.

They are all the same mate...do exactly the same thing, M3 are really tiny boxes, ive set up F3 and M3 both do the same thing, same remote, menus etc...im assuming the X3 is eaxctly the same...The F3 ive set up for mates with Lines provided working great, Hd picture quality is brilliant...if you want a enigma2 box and want to spend more Vu+solo is the way to go, or VU+duo very xpensive...but if you want a "no thrills, cheap and cheerful box..id recommend the F3" but your choice..like i said they basicall are old eurovoxs in a new dress lol..as gsmtech says all the same..:Biggrin2:

So the one I said for 51 posted is ok? I do like the look of the amiko boxes but don't have a clue on support for them. What's the support like on these x3? Do the channels change ok? I'm used to my dm800

so far support is good, as its a closed source box, who knows how long the support will last, amiko boxes i dont really know about, only had VU and skyopen boxes...channel changes a little slow, epg not very good, now and next to be honest...but cheap as chips..if you want fast channel changes 7 days epg, multi images on one box, twin tuners, or even triple and quad...enigma2 boxes are the way to go..but are expensive...at the end of the day its what you want the box to do and how much you wanna spend m8...vu+duo2 and solo2 are here nearly..you make the choice...

How much are those boxes mate.? And thanks for all the input guys!

TM5402/Blade offer full 7 day epg on 28.2e on non linux stb.

If these boxes were cheaper they'd be worth a punt..but prices seem to be £140 ish for the Blade BM7000 and TM5402, This is more than what a fully fledged E2 reciever will cost you VU SOLO, DM800SE, VU UNI, VU DUO clones are all in this price range all of them are better recievers.
The Blade and TM5402 are worth a look for non-techie users or people who want plug and play easy setup... Theres always the advantage of UK warranty as well, when I say the E2 recievers are in the same price bracket...I mean direct from China suppliers not UK stock...

To me they don't seem worth that amount. What's son good about them compared to these cheaper boxes?

sorry i keep posting as i cant see how to edit my posts!??

***OPENBOX X3 HD*** + 3 PIN UK PLUG, HDMI, ORIGINAL UPGRADE OPENBOX S11, S10, S9
100%Genuine, Channels List GOLD HDMI CABLE

£51 including postage? worth a punt? is there a lot of software for them

AMIKO ALIEN SHD 8900 HD S £85 onc postage. What does<<<<<<this one offer over the above?

I think its between this two now:)

wicked review of the alien here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Amiko Alien blows the openbox out the water, i actually prefer my alien to my 800se, didnt like it on spark thou it felt like a openbox then althou heard there is some cracking plugins on spark but i use nebula v3 enigma2 image

Last edited:
Back