Cheap box wanted for xmas? what would you get?

GavinP

Inactive User
Reaction score
As topic.

With xmas coming up i wanted to get another box my current one is a dm800 hd but ideally i would like a hd one as cheap as possible. I hear the cheap ones have crap epgs but that would be a bonus

Cheap openbox and skybox receiver's will give you HD viewing and PVR via USB for 60 pounds or less. But yes poor EPG only now and next. Still can't be beaten for the price though.

i really have no idea who the best uk retailer is for these now adays so if anyone can pm me id be much obliged.

Just check the well known auction site that's where I got myn from 55 quid delivered UK seller. This was a year or so ago.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

they're all pretty much the same not much difference between them, I have an openbox s10 the newer models are the skybox f3 .

I say go for one of the newer models like the f3, the guys who own the newer models might be able to offer some feedback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I just got 2 eagle hd mini for 78 pound on ebay used best offer was meant to be 45 pound each , first impression is great wee box but crap epg but just using in bedrooms, and have downloaded a tv guide for my phone

if u fancy a change choose amiko range cheap enough cracking pic and support picking up quickly
your usual "teams n box suppliers" will tell u not to go with with it as not broadcom chip but still a very nice range of cheap boxes

cheers
osborne82

Cant beat the Ferguson Ariva 210 Combo HD for around £100 you can find patched software on most sat sites, You can buy cheaper HD Ferguson Ariva boxes for about £65 to £75 the patched software works fine and actually the quality knocks socks of the cheap chinese branded boxes.

Ferguson Ariva 210 HD Combo Satellite and Terrestial Receiver

Attachments

• 120 combo.jpg
    120 combo.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ariva 210 b.jpg
    ariva 210 b.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 23
Might be worth a look at that:)

if u fancy a change choose amiko range cheap enough cracking pic and support picking up quickly
your usual "teams n box suppliers" will tell u not to go with with it as not broadcom chip but still a very nice range of cheap boxes

cheers
osborne82

I also like the Amiko ones.

Ahhhhh so many choices! Unless I get the dual tuner amiko one and use my dm800 as the secondary spare one?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Can't go wrong with a cheap skybox/openbox for 50 quid. Amiko prices are too close to vu duo clone prices...and e2 support still not quite there for amiko..worth keeping an eye on though might come good.

ive ordered an amiko 8900 ill give a wee review of what its like when i get it and set it up

Can't go wrong with a cheap skybox/openbox for 50 quid. Amiko prices are too close to vu duo clone prices...and e2 support still not quite there for amiko..worth keeping an eye on though might come good.

Just a head up everyone the open boxes have a cracking picture for the price, BUT the new OpenBox S16 is a door stopper, the firmware does not open most of the uk entertainment channels and none sports. and most HD Channels aswell it has a different chip from all the other models.

I bought one from Techkers and the would not take it back be warned there pure cr@p all the earlier models are a steal for under £60 and the picture quality is class even better than my DM Sunray :Moon:

Just a head up everyone the open boxes have a cracking picture for the price, BUT the new OpenBox S16 is a door stopper, the firmware does not open most of the uk entertainment channels and none sports. and most HD Channels aswell it has a different chip from all the other models.

I bought one from Techkers and the would not take it back be warned there pure cr@p all the earlier models are a steal for under £60 and the picture quality is class even better than my DM Sunray :Moon:

So which one is the one to get out of the S10 or S11?

u Can't go wrong with a cheap skybox f3 hd 4 £50 m8 100%

Back