Cheap box wanted for xmas? what would you get?

Oh please dont say that i was just gonna order the openbox x3???

and now theres a x4 realeased today?

double arghhhh

Very indecisive aint ya..lol...Yeah..an next week they will probably release an X5...it's never ending. Do you need the features mentioned ?? If not then any openbox will work fine,

Very indecisive aint ya..lol...Yeah..an next week they will probably release an X5...it's never ending. Do you need the features mentioned ?? If not then any openbox will work fine,

Yes i am very indecisive, think it took me months of asking and reading on here before i made the plunge with my DM800. Id get another one if i had the money.

I think i just keep getting carried away and need to focus on what i said originally and just get cheap and cheerful.

Might end up with the F3 HD as that looks to have co axial out? Although its fugly

No i dont need any of the features apart from maybe the surround sound but i mentioned in my last post i think it was!

Ideally best bet is to save a little more cash and get a DM800SE if your already happy with the 800HD you have. I have an Openbox S10..and it has good picture but I only use it for a spare room and quite infrequently. I woulnt use one in a main room where it was going to be used frequently...Im too used to the better features and flexibility that E2 boxes offer...Openboxes are crap in comparison..but if budget is your main concern and you dont want to spend much then they are the best option.

skybox f4 and openbox x4 are the newest with a vdf display and gprs with a slot for your mobile bband sim card about £70 to £75 just seen on the bay
could be handy for mobile bband use as no longer need to bridge between laptop and stb
That is very clever indeed .

I do laugh at my self sometimes:)

My mate got a amiko alien and he swears by it.

So i thought id give one a shot and see what happens!

Lets just hope i dont post back and find myself regretting it.

Cheers for all help guys

I do laugh at my self sometimes:)

My mate got a amiko alien and he swears by it.

So i thought id give one a shot and see what happens!

Lets just hope i dont post back and find myself regretting it.

Cheers for all help guys

You'll probably be fine with the Amiko..I dont own one but from what i've read they seem to be better than an Openbox and not as good as DM800SE/VU Uno. So they sit somewhere in the middle. Personally for the prices on the Amiko's I would still stick to the E2 Clones DM800SE etc...better support more images.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/297548/

went for alien 8900 in the end and its working fine almost as fast as a dream box.....................

Runs like a dream................although dont use spark much as i cant get cccam to work with it.

Gavin from reading other forums, Oscam works better with the Alien, rather than cccam, have a look on the Lavatronics forum as they sell them. I have the Fergusin Ariva 120, before that I had the Openbox S10, which I passed onto my daughter. I have been looking at the Alien 2 twin tuner, which has 7 day EPG through Crossepg or CoolTV. As HD boxes the Openbox or Ariva are superb, I even find the SD transmission better than my original Sly box!! My present setup uses cccam and never used Oscam. I find the greatest bugbear is the EPG.

Last edited by a moderator:
blackbox 500s running commando 14.6 cant go wrong £43.99 signed for cant go wrong

Back