Channels Down In Harrow

bg100

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Dbox has lost its channels and trying a scan will pick up channels but nothing appers on the screen when the scan has finished. I have tried sevral new images from commamdo v12 to blade and also virgin lite v3 but all do the same thing.
I know its not n3 as my pace box is still working using a funcard but the dbox2 will not get the channels apart from the free ones.
i am in harrow area ex cw area
i have also set the the deatils for fast scan etc no luck

Any ideas?

thanks bee

Some pointers to help you.
Write new image to dbox2.
Set location - hit blue - blue - set location - harrow.
NETID = 41047; Frequency = 666750; Symbol rate = 6952
Perform UK Brute Force scan, auto scan off, scan service all services
copy following files to /var/bin/emu for testing purposes, chmod 755
copy following files to /var/keys for testing purposes, chmod 755
Set cam and ucode - I use evocamd and 001A

Some pointers to help you.
Write new image to dbox2.
copy following files to /var/keys for testing purposes, chmod 755

Hi

Thank you for the info and i have followed what you said but no luck.
I used the virgin 3 image and added the magic files with chmod 755 files however need to rename the txt file to read chmod 755. is this right as when i downloaded from merc it had a long name like chmod_these_to_755.txt. so i renamed the text file to chmod 755.txt.
followed your above info but still no channels.
I am doing something wrong?

Hi

Thank you for the info and i have followed what you said but no luck.
I used the virgin 3 image and added the magic files with chmod 755 files however need to rename the txt file to read chmod 755. is this right as when i downloaded from merc it had a long name like chmod_these_to_755.txt. so i renamed the text file to chmod 755.txt.
followed your above info but still no channels.
I am doing something wrong?

the txt file is only telling u u need to change the cams to 755

cheers

HI Mate, thanks. bit new to this. I take it that i change the file name to 755.txt.

Bg100

no forget about the txt file - u need to change the cam u r using to set it's permissions (chmod) correctly. use an ftp proggy like flashfxp right click on the cam u r using eg. evocamd and look for attibutes (chmod) in commands...change number to 755

View attachment 51743

View attachment 51744

cheers

I have changed the permisions on the cams to 755 and still no channels Palese help

I have changed the permisions on the cams to 755 and still no channels Palese help

reboot the box

u set ur location scanned and found channels ok?

leave on a ppv channel for kys to update

u have put all themagic files in the correct folders ie kys and emus?

reboot the box

u set ur location scanned and found channels ok?

leave on a ppv channel for kys to update

u have put all themagic files in the correct folders ie kys and emus?

Thanks Mate, All Working now but had to use the 2.1 image to the new 3 version.

Many Thanks Once again for your help and to everyone in this thred

Thank you to all the guys, all working useing the 2.1 image

Hi,

Is your Dbox2 still working? All my channels have gone last week. I live in harrow too... Plz let me know.

Hi, something happened with the Harrow 41047 section last Thurs, all channels were blank, even FTA, I am using VLite 3.0 and a channel scan bought back the channels (on a side note I got alot of FTA channels where only one worked!).

I have a mate in Harrow who is using Xenafan image but could not perform a channel scan, came up with the scan failed message. I stuck on VLite 3.0 and that did the trick.

I would recommend putting on VLite 3.0, set location to Harrow and perform channel scan.

Make that Edgware also....

Had to rescan on telewest id myself on my krytview box and luckerly picked up all the channels afterwards.

I think this means were going nagra 3 very soon :(

Hi,

I am new to this Dbox2 forum. I just bought my Nokia dbox2 4 months back. It worked fine until last week and all of sudden all my channels gone. I have rescanned but no luck. Now all my channels are blank including free channels. I live in Harrow. I have got Laky-pro1 image on my box. Can anyone please help me.

thanks.

Hi,
You may need to re-load an updated image to your dbox, I had some pointers in a comment on page 1.

Save current files - /var/bin/emu; /var/keys; services

Write VLite V3 or Commando 12 image to dbox2.
copy following files to /var/keys for testing purposes

Hope this helps.

Came home today to find sky1 gone, they might be others, a scan hasn't bought it back, still trying, damn I wanted to watch Lost at 9 :-(

Hi,
You may need to re-load an updated image to your dbox, I had some pointers in a comment on page 1.

Save current files - /var/bin/emu; /var/keys; services

Write VLite V3 or Commando 12 image to dbox2.
copy following files to /var/keys for testing purposes

Hope this helps.
Hi,

Thank you very much for you reply. Sorry to bother you much on this, can you please let me know the location to download Vlite 3.0 or commando12? Can you also please confirm whether I can write these images on Nokia Dbox2? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

you need to find out if the dbox u have have one or two chips, then download the correct image at the following link, 1X image for one chip, 2X image for two chips

LINK HERE

Use the dbox FAQ to help you, link below
LINK HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to find out if the dbox u have have one or two chips, then download the correct image at the following link, 1X image for one chip, 2X image for two chips

LINK HERE

Use the dbox FAQ to help you, link below
LINK HERE
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded Commando12 image and successfully installed on my nokia dbox2. I have also copied all the 'real_magic' files from 'merc' and copied as you adviced. I have followed each and every step you have mentioned but no luck. It took half an hour to complete the scanning but zero result. Can you please help?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
after the image install, did you set the location? Need to set location and then perform the channel scan, set scan for bruteforce, slow scan, create new VM set.

Back