channel buffering

does the USB flash need to be installed/formatted for the VU box?.
on the cross EGP it has the hdd/ internal flash(not recommended)
is the internal flash the usb?

or if it does need formatting for the box what option i did look in setup/system/hdd but usb didnt come up in any option

or if it does need formatting for the box what option i did look in setup/system/hdd but usb didnt come up in any option

Internal is not usb

another quick Q i put a couple of AVI on my HD in the movies folder however is there a way to define the time you want to start from as i acidently pressed stop. and when i play again it starts from the begining and only way i can do i FF >>x8 is there a way to define the time u want to start playing from?
if you get the emc plugin you can set it to start from where you left off
or if you press the numbers on your remote left ones for rewind skips and right ones for forward skips the higher the number the bigger the skip

Last edited:

i just found a memory stick too,to try it out, was able to set the epg back up to it but having trouble to set the time shift recording path to it the option usb/media won't come up when i'm trying to set the path for the timeshift settings
i formatted the usb in the vu but i think this is linux should i format it to fat32 for it to work for timeshift ?

i just found a memory stick too,to try it out, was able to set the epg back up to it but having trouble to set the time shift recording path to it the option usb/media won't come up when i'm trying to set the path for the timeshift settings
i formatted the usb in the vu but i think this is linux should i format it to fat32 for it to work for timeshift ?

Path should be media/usb and I had to format to fat32 first and then let the box initialize it before it would work,mind you thats on a dm800se

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

i think i found where to initialise my memory stick i went into
menu/TSPanel / tools-1 / device manager. then arrow down to memory stick and yellow button to initialise

however when i go this i get a green screen crash and the box restarts (done this twice now)

my usb stick is formatted and mounted and mapped but my vu+ still doesn't show a path option to it in the time shift setup in the recording path
anybody any idea what to do from here ?
i think i found where to initialise my memory stick i went into
menu/TSPanel / tools-1 / device manager. then arrow down to memory stick and yellow button to initialise

however when i go this i get a green screen crash and the box restarts (done this twice now)
when you press blue twice here you can format your usb stick

Last edited:
yep that worked memory stick now formatted and crossEPG / configure set to "card reader"

now just have the issue how to set it for timeshifting

the only options its giving me is HDD/ internal flash(unsuggested) / card reader

i formatted my memory stick by pressing blue, blue (button) then "usb format wizard" and followed the instruction and just set it to 1 partition.

also when i goto BH extra settings menu (pressing blue. blue (button)) and goto device manager it does say:

hard disk ata st3500418s mount:not mapped

USB multiple card reader mount: not mapped

so maybe the box is calling the usb a multiple card reader.?? but what does it mean by saying nether drive is mapped

Last edited:
Back