channel buffering

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
was watching a film today and someone distracted me and i missed a bit of the film i tried to rewind the fim a few seconds but it didnt allow me
so i assume there is no buffering enabled/setup. (unlike a skybox where you can buffer back upto 60 mins)

anyway im sure there is a plug in somewhere to enable this.. can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

if its vix image then
Menu>setup>system>timeshift settings>
Make sure you set the path to hdd or flashdrive not internal flash.

then enable perm timeshift
then select your preffered setup

yeah found it under LSK addons and installed it.. shouldnt i now see it in the plugin menu?

did you reboot after installing maybe press and hold blue button

i rebooted the box now when i hit pause rather than seeing a still image of the movie/ tv programme its just goes black. and same when i try to rewind

anyone tell me if it works flawlessly on VIX and how far back u can buffer?

have you mounted your hdd and you would have to set up a path for your recordings too for this to work as far as i know

Need to know what image you are using but you need time shift plugin, most users add path to a usb to prevent hdd from constantly spinnnig.

just tried it myself after reboot it worked straight away when i press rewind i got black screen for a second and then it rewinds
when i press pause the same as before black screen for a second
i'de say the black screen is just my hdd starting up i must get a usb stick in the back again and test if it works without the black screen then

if u switch onto a particular channel do you have to leave that channel playing for x amount of seconds before you can see the screen rewind? eg 10 sec 30sec 1 min?

when i press rewind i see <<x2 1558.08 [GREEN BAR] 11:39

the x2 is rewind speed i assume the 1558.08 is the amount of time i can actually buffer (based on HDD space???)
and the 11:39 is how long the channel im watching has been on for.

even when rewindiwn <<8x speed the clock doesnt seem to be going back its just still counting up in real time...

v odd :(

yes you would have to be on a channel for a few seconds before it will start buffering the delay is for when you would be flicking through the channels
the 11:39 is the time off the buffer and this will stay going up while buffering the channel the same as recording the channel
what the 1558.08 is about?, i wouldn't know

so if i had 11:39 of buffer it should have no issue rewinding. i just get a blackscreen and nothing even pausing and playing doesnt really seem to work

how do i go about uninstalling the plugin i used and trying another ( i remember there was the option of 2 on the source list)

i "may" if i have time switch over to Vix image later play about with that see how is.....

i may get a memory stick also.. i do have one but ideally want a mini one so i can still close the flap on the front of the box dont really fancy having the flap onen 24/7 looks a bit untidy

i installed the version with the highest number and is working fine
unistalling you do in the tool section of the tspanel tool 1 or 2 should say something like uninstalling plugins or extensions or packages or uninstaller (can't check at the mo) when ok'ing on that it will bring up all the packages installed sofar just goto the permanent shift file and ok this should uninstall it.
Is there no usb post at the back of you vu+ duo , where you could put your usb stick ?

you right i do.. inface i have 2. i did look yesterday (obviously not hard enough)
will 32gb stick be enough?

another quick Q i put a couple of AVI on my HD in the movies folder however is there a way to define the time you want to start from as i acidently pressed stop. and when i play again it starts from the begining and only way i can do i FF >>x8 is there a way to define the time u want to start playing from?

ive just found formatted and inserted my memory stick, what would u suggest i allocate onto the memory stick? channel listings? anything else for faster performance?

picons and epg cache
and the permanent timeshift
when loading picons from tspanel choose the usb versions
set up your epg dowloads like rytec.uk ,in the path to the usb (in the epg backup menu)
don't forget to remove any usb device when loading an other image

Back