Changes In DreamBoxEdit but still exist

esf

Inactive User
Reaction score
I updated my channel list ( deleting some channels , ... ) , I send file by ftp to STB , but they still are there .

How can I delete them by dreambox edit ?

Are you saving the edited file before transferring back to box ?

Sent from my iPhone

are you rebooting the box after you have transferred!

Is it something you gave done before or is this first time setting it up ?

Sent from my iPhone

Bouquets like the EPG are held in live memory and as such should always be edited while enigma is asleep, DBE while a good program can be hit and miss as it transfers it's changes to the box while enigma is still running and in some cases when you reboot the box the previous data is rewritten from memory. Thats why your changes are not showing.

I would recommend you put enigma to sleep first with the init 4 command via a telnet session. then use DBE to send the new bouquet to the box and use the init 3 command via telnet to restart enigma.

Bouquets like the EPG are held in live memory and as such should always be edited while enigma is asleep, DBE while a good program can be hit and miss as it transfers it's changes to the box while enigma is still running and in some cases when you reboot the box the previous data is rewritten from memory. Thats why your changes are not showing.

I would recommend you put enigma to sleep first with the init 4 command via a telnet session. then use DBE to send the new bouquet to the box and use the init 3 command via telnet to restart enigma.

You're right . I edited and send data to STB , then immediately I powered off STB , changes were be effective , but other setting was gone.

Your advice is better but I don't know those telnet commands . Could you tell what are those commands ?

Back