Challenge for you all

Just passing on what I read. Running an emu requires more memory and possibly a greater load on the power supply.

Hey Devilfish,

Just to follow up on this;

Reffering to PSxnets guide to sagem PSU issues:

***Don't post links to other forums*** DF

The voltage was at 12.18-12.19v. The chirping began so I checked again but it remained between these thresholds so I guess its not a PSU issue either.

Have checked PT1s guide for sagem PSU faults and this did not do the trick either.

Appreciate if anyone has any comments.

Cheers,
Menacez

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets say I would have found an Image ->here<- that is in English and has the IP 192.168.178.7

USERNAME: root
PASSWORD: dbox2

It does not contain uCodes etc. but I found all you need ->here<-

Install here /var/tuxbox/ucodes (you only need the 3 in the Rar File !!)

You then need some extra files that I found ->here<-

Install here /var/bin and make sure you change via telnet to chmod 755 *.*

Install here /var/keys and make sure you change via telnet to chmod 755 *.*

You then need one last file but I found that ->here<-

Install here /var/etc/

Now copy a valid services.xml & bouquets.xml into /var/tuxbox/config/zapit and then reboot the Box.

This Image cannot scan in the UK for Sectionsd nor has it got the UK Frequencys in the cables.xml

Lets say I would have found an Image ->here<- that is in English and has the IP 192.168.178.7

USERNAME: root
PASSWORD: dbox2

It does not contain uCodes etc. but I found all you need ->here<-

Install here /var/tuxbox/ucodes (you only need the 3 in the Rar File !!)

Install here /var/bin and make sure you change via telnet to chmod 755 *.*

Install here /var/keys and make sure you change via telnet to chmod 755 *.*

You then need one last file but I found that ->here<-

Install here /var/etc/

Now copy a valid services.xml & bouquets.xml into /var/tuxbox/config/zapit and then reboot the Box.

This Image cannot scan in the UK for Sectionsd nor has it got the UK Frequencys in the cables.xml

Thanks for going to the trouble to get this for me mate. Let me sort this and confirm the results.

Cheers,
Menacez

It is amazing what you can find ;-)

Please report back and maybe offer the Admins of this site a complete Image

Who knows, maye I find another 2x Image

Will do mate. Just one thing; Have imaged up and as you mentioned extract the ucodes from the file JtG_stuff.rar - however this only contains avia drivers and not the ucodes.

Do you have the ucodes handy m8?

Cheers,
Menacez

Read my original Post and you will see that I told you that ;-)

Just follow my guide and then get back when you are happy

Read my original Post and you will see that I told you that ;-)

Just follow my guide and then get back when you are happy

Hey mate,

Yep I read it through and downloaded all the files. You mentioned

"It does not contain uCodes etc. but I found all you need ->here<-" The link it referes to is:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7CA7A640347F1447

The file is JtG_stuff.rar and contains 3 files:
cam-alpha.bin
avia600.ux
avia500.ux

so I was expecting ucodes as per your post. Hope this is clear...

EDIT: I guess I thought I needed ucode001a.bin/00014/vortex etc... Let me continue doh!

Cheers m8,
Menacez

Last edited:
Is
(you only need the 3 in the Rar File !!)
not detailed enough ?

AGAIN:

NO EXTRA FILES ARE NEEDED IN THIS DIRECTORY AS THE IMAGE USES IT@S OWN BUILT IN UCODE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING ELSE NEEDED !

Is

not detailed enough ?

AGAIN:

NO EXTRA FILES ARE NEEDED IN THIS DIRECTORY AS THE IMAGE USES IT@S OWN BUILT IN UCODE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTHING ELSE NEEDED !

been a long day mate; infact a long week on this sagem so sorry about that.

My understanding of ucodes was that it is files that start with ucode* hence why I was looking for 3 files named ucode_0001A/ucode_00014/ucode_vortex etc... when I saw avia driver files i thought it was a mistake

Anyway, np on that since I have it running and will report back soon but looking promising mate. watch this space... ;-)

Last edited:
as a back up pt-1, i will try your instructions you posted on my sagem tomorrow if i get the chance and let you know the results, it can only help all the sagem sufferers if helps .....cheers

Hey Pt-1,

What can I say mate? You are a genious! It's ppl like you who persevere and never give up on a big issue like this.

I really appreciate your time and the trouble you went to, to "find" all those things ;-)

So here's the results:

- Chirping 100% gone... an uptime on the box is as follows:
~ > uptime
10:03:52 up 7:45, load average: 0.17, 0.16, 0.19

I do get the occasional freezing but that is resolved by flicking to another channel and flicking back which is a milestone from the chirping and having to reboot!

So, whats so different about this image when compared to all the others I've tried; I suspect its the combination of the old avia600vb022 driver and the GBOX camd right?

If we can pinpoint the diff, maybe we can then apply to other images quite easily.

Right, so mods, I have a Sagem 1x JTG image that has fixed the chirping issue atleast - is it ok to upload this?

@henryk7 - I would be curious to find out your results.

Once again PT-1, thanks so much mate. I was so close to throwing this in the bin...

Menacez

@Menacez

Just backup your Image and offer it to the comunity as my "findings" will only be there for another 6 days

I've got a Sagem which i've long since given up on after trying everything that menacez has, Just tried this image, only had it on 40 mins, but perfect so far. Will report back tomorrow.

nice one menacez, glad things worked out, i havent had a chance to try it yet, i have downloaded everything needed by pt-1(thanks), once i get the chance i will post results, been at a communion today so will wait til i,m a bit more sober, well done

Last edited by a moderator:
i know you have, nice work , but just want to do the image myself, hope you dont mind, better to learn

Just checked my box again this morning, normally it would always be frozen on whichever channel I left it on, needing either a reboot or at the very least a channel change, but today it's still working fine, and no chirping at all so far, looking very good.

I shall upload a 2x Image and you can do the honours ...

Back