Celtic FC Thread

ANTHONY STOKES wants out of Celtic after his Co-op Cup Final snub.

The Irish striker was fuming after being left on the bench at Hampden with his side losing and desperate for a goal.

Now Stokes' dad John, who acts as his agent, has urged his son to slap in a transfer request today.

He said: "It is crazy Anthony didn't play when he is Celtic's top scorer. Neil Lennon needs to understand that.

"He isn't going to be at Celtic if he isn't going to play against Rangers or in the big games.

"My advice to him is to move from Celtic and put in an immediate transfer request.

"I think he will because he has told me he wants out.

"What is the point of being a Celtic player if you don't play in games like that?

"For whatever reason Lennon just doesn't fancy him. They obviously don't trust him to play against Rangers.

"He was absolutely furious on the bench. I know he is furious that Lennon doesn't have the confidence in him."

Stokes, signed from Hibs for £1.2million deal in August last year, has bagged 17 goals for Celtic this season.

And his raging dad added: "It is an absolute disgrace he didn't play against Rangers.

"He had a fantastic partnership with Gary Hooper but Lennon has decided just to break it up by putting Georgios Samaras in.

"The game was crying out for Anthony to come on when they were 2-1 down and looking for another goal.

"I have no doubt if he had played he would have won the game for Celtic.

"Anthony should go somewhere where they appreciate him."
Final snub has Stokes eyeing exit | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish Sport|SPL

Anthony Stokes
@stoksey10 Anthony Stokes
Don't know where this story has come from but not exactly the 1st thing u want to see in the morning...simple as this...going NO WHERE!!

Anthony Stokes
@stoksey10 Anthony Stokes
Don't know where this story has come from but not exactly the 1st thing u want to see in the morning...simple as this...going NO WHERE!!
tell his dad that lol

ask him if he will be taking them for some money and an apology in the papers then ?
has he took down his queen banner yet mate?

ask him if he will be taking them for some money and an apology in the papers then ?
has he took down his queen banner yet mate?

from Saturdays fish and chips wrapping
THE dad of Celtic star Anthony Stokes is to auction a controversial anti-Queen banner at a charity gig in memory of murdered Hoops fan Reamonn Gormley.

John Stokes, 54, was told to axe the massive sign - barring the Monarch from his Players Lounge pub in Dublin - after police chiefs warned it "incites hatred".

But he has revealed it will be sold at the bar tomorrow as an Irish band perform in honour of Reamonn, 18, who was killed in Blantyre, Lanarkshire, in February.

Reamonn's grieving parents Jim and Ann will be guests at the pub, but Jim said he had "no comment to make" about the banner.

rangers fans are the most socially backward fans in British football

spiers_72972a_normal.png

GrahamSpiers Graham Spiers

The incessant bigoted chanting by Rangers fans at Hampden was shocking. Unarguably the most socially-backward fans in British football.

13 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Repl

Nothing we didn't know.

Re: rangers fans are the most socially backward fans in British football

spiers_72972a_normal.png

GrahamSpiers Graham Spiers

The incessant bigoted chanting by Rangers fans at Hampden was shocking. Unarguably the most socially-backward fans in British football.

13 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Repl

Nothing we didn't know.

pitty he only gives the one side mate
both sets of fans sung bad songs lol

till he and his kind start to fight all bigotry on both sides then there will be no change. lets all just stick wir heads in the sand.

Last edited:
* STV

Anthony Stokes’ father has said that he was misquoted in an article that claimed he had advised the player to hand in a transfer request and seek a move from Celtic.

The newspaper article quoted Stokes senior as saying that after being left out of Celtic’s starting line-up in the Co-operative Insurance Cup final defeat to Rangers, the striker was considering his position and was considering asking to leave the club. In an interview with Dublin radio station 98FM, he said that he had his words taken out of context.

“Basically, it’s misquoted by the papers,” John Stokes told the radio station. “I didn’t say that.

“I was asked by a journalist in the heat of the moment after they lost. I’m a big Celtic fan as everybody knows and Anthony is a big Celtic fan.

“I was asked my view at the end of the game by a particular Scottish journalist. I was completely misquoted and I never said he should leave Celtic so I don’t know where that story’s from.”

Stokes said that he had spoken to his son to clarify the situation and made it clear that he has no say in his son’s career. Though having acted as his representative in the past he said he had not been the player’s agent for three or four years. He said that as far as he was aware his son had no desire to leave Celtic.

“I think he’s really happy there and has no intention of leaving,” he added.

“He’s disappointed at not playing yesterday but that’s the manager’s decision.”

Asked if he believed Anthony had a future at Celtic Park, he replied: “Well, that’s up to the manager but I hope he has.

“Anthony has no intent whatsoever and I would never advise him to leave Celtic Football Club.

“As far as I am concerned he’s there for life and that’s what he wants to do.”

paul-k try not and post anything anti rangers in the celtic forum mate, mods dont allow it, and its trolling, they can post whatever they like in here (such as stories about anthony stokes dad and banners and thats fine) if i done same on rangers group again trolling.. now im not sure why certain mods said they would keep a close eye on this and are choosing to do nowt... but take my advice post only celtic football related queries, dont post anything perceived negative about rangers and if you do use the word rangers ensure its used in a positive way.. and there will be no issues... thats what i do now and surprise surprise no issues.. :)

oh despite 2 rangers fans calling me an arse and admin laughing about it ;-)

dont worry when we win the league ill also be banned for doing the same stuff they done when winning the league cup :) double standards lol surely not.

paul-k try not and post anything anti rangers in the celtic forum mate, mods dont allow it, and its trolling, they can post whatever they like in here (such as stories about anthony stokes dad and banners and thats fine) if i done same on rangers group again trolling.. now im not sure why certain mods said they would keep a close eye on this and are choosing to do nowt... but take my advice post only celtic football related queries, dont post anything perceived negative about rangers and if you do use the word rangers ensure its used in a positive way.. and there will be no issues... thats what i do now and surprise surprise no issues.. :)

oh despite 2 rangers fans calling me an arse and admin laughing about it ;-)

dont worry when we win the league ill also be banned for doing the same stuff they done when winning the league cup :) double standards lol surely not.

Colin i thought you had turned the corner on all this.
Give it up mate
You know it makes sense.

Colin i thought you had turned the corner on all this.
Give it up mate
You know it makes sense.

lol by me telling paul to toe the line and not post anything deemed anti rangers? ian if your honest if i posted a similar story about rangers as the banner of stokes dad would you or would you not have accused me of trolling lol ps as i say it doesnt bother me any more i have accepted the way it is on here and now just laugh it off

ian u are bang on m8, stay out of here colin if u dont wish to read anythink about your club, as for the shoutbox earlier it was explained it was a typo colon and colin. although i admit i found it funny it was carried on as a joke and should have been taken that way. always negative m8 loosen the collar and have a bit of fun.

ian u are bang on m8, stay out of here colin if u dont wish to read anythink about your club, as for the shoutbox earlier it was explained it was a typo colon and colin. although i admit i found it funny it was carried on as a joke and should have been taken that way. always negative m8 loosen the collar and have a bit of fun.

2 different people made the same typo? lol

huggi im happy to read the celtic stuff just unsure why folk who rangers fans post about banners put up by a celtic players dad is deemed celtic news other than to troll?

well to be truthful m8 both teams are shite....ASTON VILLA now theres a team!!:proud:

2 different people made the same typo? lol

huggi im happy to read the celtic stuff just unsure why folk who rangers fans post about banners put up by a celtic players dad is deemed celtic news other than to troll?

Colin yesterday we lost a great man , a well respected man on this forum and many others do we need all this crap life is to short my friend,roll with the banter and give out as good as you get....simples

well to be truthful m8 both teams are shite....ASTON VILLA now theres a team!!:proud:

aye we could have a championship thread for you to post in next season.... hopefully celtic get dunne, quality defender who cant be ar5ed with houllier

fookin scarey m8 wont hear the last of it from those bluenoses if we go down.

any news down there on dunne coming to celtic few stories up here, ps why on earth did randy learner not give MON more cash when he was there he leaves they bring in houliier who is a clown and give him 24m to buy bent with?? madness lol

i hope villa stay up as petrov was a great player for us and wouldnt like to see him take you down as captain. also rate a few of the young players coming through.. have the makings of a decent team just a bit of an idiot manager!

i hear that dunne cant stand him, and has recently been fined as well as collins. i havent heard anything about dunne leaving, but i dont think both houllier and dunne can stay.

Back