CD Head Unit

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put my kenwood head unit in another vehicle and the cd seems to jump alot now, the unit seems secure and I can never remember it jumping in the last car it was in. Any ideas ?

It jumps with original cd's as well as 'backups' !:confused:

I have just been told that it was actually a westlife cd, i know this is not a reason for it to jump but it might enhance the music ability of the band. LOL

Sounds like my problem with a Kenwood KDC-4050LA, I have had this CD reciever in the car for a few days now and like yours Dutcho,it skips when playing any cd.........even when standing still!!

Read the instruction manual and it says to make sure the disc is clean etc,....even went out and bought a brand new cd. The problem still there:mad:

so if any of you I.C.E guys know what may be the problem, it would be appreciated.

cheers

Gary

You did not try a westlife cd aswell did you ?

If so no wonder it skips, i hear that is normal with a band like that. LOL

You'll have to pop through here and we will compare notes and drink lots of beer.:Clap: :Cheers: :Smileysex

ive got a kenwood 6021g mp3 player in my car ,which has very low and hard suspension on it and cd,s never jump no matter how bumpy the road is ,,,so i suggest that if your players are still under warranty send them back to kenwood or take back to where you got them

hmmmmm...may cause a few probs with the feds m8....lol....

only kidding:Jester:

looks like it may be the housing that the player sits in.....feels loose......bang the dash and it skips aswell.........going to fit a bigger dowel rubber at the back of the player aswell, maybe that was the problem all along.........the back feels loose.

Gary

i think the feds would be more interested with the noise pollution coming from the car all 1600watts of it... you could well be righ saying its loose as mines bolted down tighter than a straight guys trousers in a poofs pub..

Back