cctv tenda n60 issue

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys i have recently set up a tenda n60 router. i cannot access my dvr from outside the network. i have put the dvr in the dmz and entered the dns settings but nothing. i t was working fine before i put the new router in. ll the ports are forwarded but that shouldnt matter if the i.p is in the dmz should it? one thing i have noticed though is when i type ipconfig /all it shows my dns address as the routers i.p and not the actual dns that i entered in to the dvr.

please help

Last edited:
please somone im pulling my hair out here. i have completly run out of ideas with this one.

I would forward the ports with the ip for ur dvr mate. That's how mine is set up. Won't work otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Fingers and thumbs .... Nearly stumps !

I have mate or at least I think I have the tenda lists it's options differently . Like I say afaik the ports are forwarded and the dvr is in the dmz. What puzzles me is with my last router if I did ipconfig/all in cmd it listed my DNS addresses . Now though it lists the router as my DNS address. I think it has something to do with this but have no idea how to overcome it.

hey rawsy, @rawsy have a try here see if your ports are open or not enter you isp ip and the port you set the dvr too, i have mine working fine but just runs through the vermin hub.

Focus

Last edited by a moderator:
hey rawsy, @rawsy have a try here see if your ports are open or not enter you isp ip and the port you set the dvr too, i have mine working fine but just runs through the vermin hub.

Focus

cheers i have checked and it states success on all 3 of the ports my router uses.

cheers i have checked and it states success on all 3 of the ports my router uses.

You sure you have forwarded the correct ports for ur dvr ? On mine I've had to set loads of different ports, 1 for viewing. 1 for searching. 1 remote admin. Can't remember rest.
Pic below
bumarary.jpg

ok well at least all your ports are open :) so were you able to get to your dvr through your browser like a netsurveillance with either you ddns address if you had one set up or the ip?

some dvr's use port 80 as default, if this is the case at yours try changing it in the dvr config to something different.

You sure you have forwarded the correct ports for ur dvr ? On mine I've had to set loads of different ports, 1 for viewing. 1 for searching. 1 remote admin. Can't remember rest.
Pic below
bumarary.jpg

i have just checked the manual and i have all the ports forwarded that i should have. i even have the dvr in the dmz so ports shouldnt be an issue.

ok well at least all your ports are open :) so were you able to get to your dvr through your browser like a netsurveillance with either you ddns address if you had one set up or the ip?

i can get to the dvr through the local 192 address just not my external ip address

hmm, strange that it will let you have success scanning ports on your external ip but wont let you see your dvr, so this only since you started using the n60 tenda

hmm, strange that it will let you have success scanning ports on your external ip but wont let you see your dvr, so this only since you started using the n60 tenda

yes its only since the tenda arrived. i was sure it was just a setting i missed but i have tried everything i can think of. shame the tenda is pretty good appart from this issue and the fact it doesnt share from usb very well.

no i used to just use my i.p . im on virmin and the i.p rarely changes so i didnt see the point. i did try and set it up but that wouldnt work either. as you would expect with it not going through the external i.p

Ah ha, sorted. turns out that i had everything set up right. its just the latest fw that tenda have. i have rolled back to the second latest and everything works as it should. thanks tenda i thought i was going crazy you shower of turds.

many thanks @FocuS @installer

Back