CCTV and Dreambox

whatwhat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

I know the dreambox is not normally used for this, but would it be possible

I would like to add a cctv camera feed into the dreambox (RF Input) for it to record to a NFS share.

http://www.svideo.com/svideocoax.html

I will also want it to stream the input on the box to upto 4 different pc's

Would this be possible on the dreambox?

Would appreciate a quick response.

Thanks

I think it would depend on the frequency that the input was on...

You would probably need a plugin to do this too.
Streaming up to 4 PCs may be a problem, the box may be able to manage 2-3 PCs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick response

Hi

I now have the dreambox / dbox2 and I m trying to get the feed through,

What channels and frequency setting should I be scanning for a normal CCTV Camera.

Is their any pre built cables.xml that would scan the correct frequency.

How would I go about getting the plug in for this, would it be something that this forum could help develop?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Modulators

Hi

I have purchased two different modulators, one that I have set the frequency to be 471 UHF Mhz,

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=33050&criteria=modulator&doy=15m1

the other is in the post but can modulate to a CATV channel.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=43327&criteria=modulator&doy=15m1

Will the existing modulator work when I try to complete a services scan through the DBOX 2 or dreambox.

I think the new one for CATV would work, but how can I specify what frequency to scan on.

Any ideas would be appreciated

You should just be able to type the frequency into the "manual scan" options of the image. The frequency will obviously depend on the equipment. Alternatively you could add the frequency into the cables.xml file and do a scan, but that would really be a waste of time.

Liam

Don't think it will work, isn't the DM a digital reciever? so it's looking for a qam signal on the input, If you modulate your cctv video signal you then have an analogue signal which will work fine into the TV direct but not the dreambox.

Frenchman

Thanks for the response

Hi,

"You should just be able to type the frequency into the "manual scan" options of the image. The frequency will obviously depend on the equipment. Alternatively you could add the frequency into the cables.xml file and do a scan, but that would really be a waste of time."

Liam - How would I edit the cables.xml file, I am currently trying a Manual Scan, (47100000) - It has been scanning for three hours so far.

"Don't think it will work, isn't the DM a digital reciever? so it's looking for a qam signal on the input, If you modulate your cctv video signal you then have an analogue signal which will work fine into the TV direct but not the dreambox."

Is their anything available that can take rca Input, and covert to digital output that would be picked up by a DBOX2 or Dreambox? - I cannot find anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Once I can get this working it will open up a lot of avenues for my current video / audio distribution system we are desiging for the local temple.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back