cccam help

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys, how can i make the things iv edited in cccam take effect without rebooting my 500c server.

i.e disable an F: line

iv put a # infront of my F: line that connects to my 500s so it doesnt read that line at all, then saved the settings. but my 500s is still receiving the stream, now i know it will take effect if i reboot my server, but is there a way to do it without having to reboot server.

all help appreciated

big-hol

maybe just restart the cam instead, would be quicker than rebooting the unit.

Frenchman

yeah i was thinking that mate, but my server itself is nowhere near my telly to plug it in to goto the restart cam via remote control, unless theres another way i can do it, i was thinking maybe its possible through my computer wirelessly but cant find anything, maybe possible through telnet but iv never used it so im clueless.

Press the blue button
Then press the down arrow 5 times then ok
Then press the green button
Then exit a few times
This is on a 500s using pli

im just thinking, how would a commercial pay server add say 50 F: lines a day without interference to the people that pay for there service, there must be a way to do it without causing any black screens for the clients!

It only takes a fraction of a second to restart the cam so i doubt anyone would notice
yeah mate iv just tried it there with a 2m scart lead and moving my telly so i could see the settings, lol, and it did glitch for a slight second then back to normal, cheers mate!

im just thinking, how would a commercial pay server add say 50 F: lines a day without interference to the people that pay for there service, there must be a way to do it without causing any black screens for the clients!

A commercial payserver restarts his cfg once a day at approx 3/4 am therefore minimising disruption to his clients,

In telnet you can do it like this

killall -9 CCcam to kill the CCcam process
var/bin/CCcam to start the CCcam process

making sure that the name for your CCcam is used i.e. CCcam_2104 etc and that the path to your CCcam bin file is correct.

for how long it took mate im happy with just being able to restart the cam at like you say, anytime after 12 should be ok for me, just need to move my 500c to a place nearer my tv, lol. but i'll sharp sort that out, cheers for the info chaps!

for how long it took mate im happy with just being able to restart the cam at like you say, anytime after 12 should be ok for me, just need to move my 500c to a place nearer my tv, lol. but i'll sharp sort that out, cheers for the info chaps!

If you use the telnet commands then you dont need to move anything :)

If you use the telnet commands then you dont need to move anything :)
how quick from starting 1 command to the other though mate, as just restarting the cam takes like 1 second, and the fact i know nothing about telnet, lol. im happy moving my box mate as i wanted it next to the router anyway which is better for me, it will all tie in well together!

i have to do mine remotely as well but i use the web tv bit on the routers browser page. depends tho what image. im using pli. you can you the inbuilt remote control and just navigate to the the restart cam bit. just like being in front of the tv.
then again im only sharing to the next room so not much of a bother lol.

i have to do mine remotely as well but i use the web tv bit on the routers browser page. depends tho what image. im using pli. you can you the inbuilt remote control and just navigate to the the restart cam bit. just like being in front of the tv.
then again im only sharing to the next room so not much of a bother lol.
im using pli aswell mate, and you've just solved my problem all together there, that was exactly what i was looking for just tried it and it brings my box up on screen on my laptop then just restart the cccam from there, good man, means i dont even have to move now, lol!

Last edited:
im using pli aswell mate, and you've just solved my problem all together there, that was exactly what i was looking for just tried it and it brings my box up on screen on my laptop then just restart the cccam from there, good man, means i dont even have to move now, lol!

Lazy git! lol

You're welcome mate

Lazy git! lol

You're welcome mate
haha, it was more that i had to move my telly everytime i wanted to look at my server, and to restart it. i had to use a 2m scart to reach to where my box is and it just wasnt what i wanted to do when i needed to mess about, but this way is great, once again cheers mate, saved me alot of faffing about ya have!

Back