cccam client not visible after upgrade

sullly

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi , after upgrading my skybox f3 , cccam client mgcam etc are not visible in menu , only visible icon is rs232 function setup , any ideas as to how i remedy this ,

thanks in advance

hi , after upgrading my skybox f3 , cccam client mgcam etc are not visible in menu , only visible icon is rs232 function setup , any ideas as to how i remedy this ,

thanks in advance

hello
sullly

if you have done an upgrade of your patch/frimwear then you have deleted your line and channel list & softcam settings as this wipes everything, if so sorry but you cant get them back ( i hope you have a copy of your line)
if you dont and got the box already setup then contact the guy/girl that you got it off and if there on the level they will give you the details of your line, if they dont give you it pm me and i can put you in touch with a good one, have been with him/her for 3 years now with no frezzing.
if your talking about a channel list or softcam let me know as much info as you can and ill try and help you if i can.
hope this helps

tried the 6666 8888 , no joy , i have all my favs and channel lists , also have a copy if my line , just dont have the option to enter it anywhere ,
work beckins , ill have another try at it tonight , cheers guys

tried the 6666 8888 , no joy , i have all my favs and channel lists , also have a copy if my line , just dont have the option to enter it anywhere ,
work beckins , ill have another try at it tonight , cheers guys

hello
sullly

try this it might work? has for me but not for a m8: take out the ethernet lead and your sat fed ( you will need a patch lead "short coax lead" ) and when the box is powered up get somthing metal and connect the live and earth together ( 3 times ) and then turn the box off and on again then try and see if you can input your line.
hope this helps

Edit by Ellie1998 Not sure if this means short the coax which can blow the tuner or the live and earth of the power lead which if your lucky will blow the fuse if your unlucky will kill you.
Both ideas seem a waste of time especially as it isn't specified which of the 2 scenarios it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello
sullly

try this it might work? has for me but not for a m8: take out the ethernet lead and your sat fed ( you will need a patch lead "short coax lead" ) and when the box is powered up get somthing metal and connect the live and earth together ( 3 times ) and then turn the box off and on again then try and see if you can input your line.
hope this helps

sorry after doing that you will have to type eather 6666 or 8888 and in some cases 1111 depending on your frimwear.
hope this helps

connect live and earth , mmmmmmm , no thanks .

we're in business now guys , was entering 8888 once into network menu , just highlighted camds option then entered 8888 , hey presto menus appear ,
ill re enter line tonight , big truck waiting on me ,

thanks again

@slyboxhd
From your signature
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
The bit in red hopefully will warn people not to listen to your advice which could be deadly.
I'm not going to follow you around correcting your possibly dangerous solutions, in future I will just delete them.

there was me thinking that would work too , CRAZY SUGGESTION me thinks

hello
sullly

hope this helps

Edit by Ellie1998 Not sure if this means short the coax which can blow the tuner or the live and earth of the power lead which if your lucky will blow the fuse if your unlucky will kill you.
Both ideas seem a waste of time especially as it isn't specified which of the 2 scenarios it is.

hello
ellie1998

could you explane your Statement "or live and earth of power lead which if your lucky will blow the fuse if your unlucky will kill you" im sorry but a Statement like thast needs to be back'd up ( you know the legal requirements there is for a household plug??? and if so id like to see how you can get kill'd.
id also like to see how you came to the conclusen that sorting the coax on skybox f3, i can say that in the old days some stbs would have Failure when a sort had occurred and im talking over 5 years ago.
would need quotes from a 3rd party as i will follow up with said quotes.
hope this helps other people

You can get killed if while attempting to bridge the live and earth you accidentally touch the live or if it decides to use you as an earth and your not wearing rubber soled shoes

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

@slyboxhd
From your signature
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
The bit in red hopefully will warn people not to listen to your advice which could be deadly.
I'm not going to follow you around correcting your possibly dangerous solutions, in future I will just delete them.

@ellie1998

are you for reall!!!!!!!!!!!
if you knew wot i have forgot about Electronics you would see that wot you have said is a best ridiculous
good friends with wizz are you??????????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
had to give myself a new ip to get back on hear
this is going abit far there will now be action taken, a moderator is not above the law and will Realizes this....................

You can get killed if while attempting to bridge the live and earth you accidentally touch the live or if it decides to use you as an earth and your not wearing rubber soled shoes

id love to see your prof of your STATEMENT!

@ellie1998

are you for reall!!!!!!!!!!!
if you knew wot i have forgot about Electronics you would see that wot you have said is a best ridiculous
good friends with wizz are you??????????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
had to give myself a new ip to get back on hear
this is going abit far there will now be action taken, a moderator is not above the law and will Realizes this....................

Would that be as much as you have forgotten about common sense?

So what you had to get a new ip to get back on here?

If you think there is some conspiracy against you then report it to one of the admin team.

Would that be as much as you have forgotten about common sense?

So what you had to get a new ip to get back on here?

If you think there is some conspiracy against you then report it to one of the admin team.

again if you have prof of wot you say then put it up hear from a 3rd party not just wot you say, i think you think that because your a moderator nthe you know every thing/not ture
to point 2, are you admitting that you blocked my access? if so give your reasion.
to point 3, look's like you already answered that one.
and yes iv been talking to admin and above concerning wots going on hear..................

again if you have prof of wot you say then put it up hear from a 3rd party not just wot you say, i think you think that because your a moderator nthe you know every thing/not ture
to point 2, are you admitting that you blocked my access? if so give your reasion.
to point 3, look's like you already answered that one.
and yes iv been talking to admin and above concerning wots going on hear..................

I don't think I know everything or that everything I post is correct,

But it is dangerous to mess with electricity,agreed?

As for blocking access I don't have privileges to do that and if I didn't want you here I would just ban you,

Not sure what point 3 is?

If you have a grievance against me,feel free to pm me and we can attempt to sort it out like adults as this bickering doesn't do the forum any good.

and all because i updated my skybox .

me's thinking slyboxhd needs to take a chill pill , "not above the law " whats that about ?,

think we all agree that by shorting the box with the live and earth is not recommended .

thanks for all the good advice guys .

all together now , deep breaths

Getting sick and tired of this.
Infraction for being arguementative.
I have the 17th edition but to be honest a 10 year old knows not to short live across earth on mains electric.
If you continue when you come back then I will just keep infracting you.
You have a vendetta against another member which you can't substantiate.
When you come back you need to wind your neck in.

if he meant mains live to the receivers chassis, as i assume its class 2 equipment, meaning it has no actual electrical earth connection, then at best, this will blow the $h!t out of the receiver, as the receivers DC ground is connected to the chassis.

by saying a small coax patch lead, hes probably on about shorting out the IF cable, connecting the earthing braid outer cores, to the cables inner core, short circuiting the tuner, causing a spike, which while 18V top end, can still give you a shock if youre not expecting it, and could also damage the receiver

Back