Castlevania PS3 Backup Works on 3.55 GeoHot Custom Firmware!

Thommo

Hates everyone equally!
Reaction score
Woodlands Cemetery,Scarborough overlooking the sea
Today PSX PS2 PS3 Scene Modchip & Jailbreak Community - View Single Post - Geohot Releases 3.55 Jailbreak! Now with Signing tools! has shared the first Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (BLES01047) signed and packed EBOOT that works with the recently released GeoHot 3.55 PS3 Custom Firmware followed by 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Download: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! / Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

To quote from PSGroove: He has managed to run Castlevania: Lords of Shadow from his internal hard drive, while on Geohot's 3.55 Custom Firmware. He achieved this by patching the game's main executable file (EBOOT.BIN) and making the PS3 think it's a PSN game.

Originally Posted by riku.kh3
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (BLES01047) signed&packed EBOOT (33.5MB)

1) Install PKG file.
2) Transfer contents of USRDIR folder, EXCEPT EBOOT.BIN, to /devhdd0/game/BLES01047/USRDIR/

Thats all! Tested! The game will work from XMB on retail nonJB 3.41, 3.55 and future versions.

OK, here's the guide to patch your own games:

1) Download and compile latest tools from git.fail0verflow.com Git (old versions of unself produce incorrect ELF)
2) Extract ELF from SELF
3) Hexedit ELF, find and replace dev_bdvd to correct path on dev_hdd0 (not all, but most games require this step)
4) Build NPDRM SELF using Geohot's tools
5) Build package using psn_package_npdrm
6) Patch your builded package using Geohot's tool (only for 3.55 firmware)

That's it. If you can't follow this guide, more detailed guide won't help you.

Read more: Castlevania PS3 Backup Works on 3.55 GeoHot Custom Firmware! - PS3 NEWS - PlayStation 3 News - PS3 Forums

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01WY7wQMUK8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - PSGroove.com - Castlevania Booting From XMB With No Jailbreak Dongle 3.41 & 3.55[/ame]

i have not done this as i dont have any games, breaking news so i dont know a great deal about it either,it too early/late for me lol.

This looks like it could be the way around a backup manager by patching the game exes. Nice find Thommo

been keeping tabs its all amatuers trying there luck at the minute because of the time of day but i can report sucess stories with other games so it works.

think the tools required are all out there but you need linux to run them,

knew id have a use for my netbook linux but no wait i chucked xp on it lol...

suppose its not impossible to run it all in some kind of linux sandbox thingy.

too tired to get my head round it now not been to sleep insomnia (real) i get it every now and then.

easy enough to build a small linux VM environment with all the tools in, i used to have a couple i had built for compiling dbox images.

Yeah agreed lads you just need live version cd of ubuntu u dont even need to install it to hard drive, Im gonna do a bit more reading now as I want to try and run one of the games ive downloaded instead of just castlevania(not much into that) I Will post a link to the live cd on here once I find it.

EDIT:
Yep u can use ither cd or usb stick heres the link

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Im getting the cd as i dont have a spare usb, as far as I can remember you can use the files direct from the NTSC partition on windows 7 partition so should be a nice simple few command via bash.

Last edited:
Back