Carcraft

daz2712

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone used one of these places? Any feedback?

Got an 04 Vauxhall Corsa and was looking to get something bigger now the kids are getting older. Keep seeing adverts for Carcraft and was wondering if they are really any good?
What kind of part-ex rates do they offer? Are they reasonable rates?

Thanks if someone has any info.

Last edited:
In my opinion and what i have heard steer clear of those type of companies,

Had my last car from available car.
Customer service was good, no idiots trying to sell to you and great aftercare. The car i purchased had a problems with the feul gauge, they booked it in and gave me a hire car for 2 days.

Prices are very competitive. The only reason i went is because my old car was fooked and i needed a bit of finance. The car i'd traded was firing off three cylinders when i drove it in and burining off a tub of oil in around 3 - 4 weeks. I paid 1300 for it and had it over a year. They gave me 1100, lol.

They didn't really care as they just stick them through the auctions, sold as seen.

lol, just read my post and it sounds like i work for the fookers.

Seriously though if i had cash i wouldn't have been there. I always like to bag a bargain at the auctions. but you can sometimes get stung.

Car craft, The car shop and other places like these, some of there cars are from rental companies, just be careful. p.s some cars seem cheap but the finance they offer is rediculas.

A 05 seat leon 1.9 tdi FR was £6,999 if you did it on there finance they wanted £9,900.

the same pe of companies had a documenty made on them and was shown on tv about 12 months ago. Some of the companies state that all their cars a rigulously checked over for faults and then are given an MOT. this was not the case in the documentry and it found that the companies where just signing them off without checking

IMO mate, stay well clear. If you need finance then please go else where as this is the only plus points of these businesses. They will happily give finance to any tom dick and harry in order to secure a sale

Right. Thanks to everyone who's taken the reply and I'll steer clear of them.

Like I said, just browsing around at the moment but at least I know to keep away from Carcraft.

Thanks.

i would never buy a car on finance - the whole point of offering you a good deal on a car with finance is that they make money on the interest

i know for a fact that every car they sell through finance they prob pocket about 200 or 300 quid and that is excluding the profit they make off the car

cars are so cheap now with no one having money your best off going private and knocking people down as they are so up to the neck in credit with their cars, they just want shot of em

i would never buy a car on finance - the whole point of offering you a good deal on a car with finance is that they make money on the interest

i know for a fact that every car they sell through finance they prob pocket about 200 or 300 quid and that is excluding the profit they make off the car

cars are so cheap now with no one having money your best off going private and knocking people down as they are so up to the neck in credit with their cars, they just want shot of em

I've never said I wanted a car on finance, was just wondering if Carcraft where any good. I pay cash when I can.

Anyone used one of these places? Any feedback?

Got an 04 Vauxhall Corsa and was looking to get something bigger now the kids are getting older. Keep seeing adverts for Carcraft and was wondering if they are really any good?
What kind of part-ex rates do they offer? Are they reasonable rates?

Thanks if someone has any info.

What about selling privately mate...

Mate, I think all car dealerships are a con. You're better off buying private these days as the warranties you get with dealerships can all be bought off the shelf (as can the finance).
You will never get a good trade-in for your car (unless its a banger because they just write off the value of bangers anyway) and if you are trading in, they give you a poor deal on the car you are buying.
Your best bet is selling yours privately and then once sold going with the cash to buy your next car (that way you can get a good deal). If you are going to dealerships, never give them your details (so that they can adapt and harass you with a sales pitch), you're the customer so you make the rules, just tell them what you are looking for.

Even if you are after something brand new with complete warranties there is still no need to go to a main dealer these days. There are online brokers and some independant dealerships that will have excellent bargains from time to time.

Back