car insurance for drink driver

tccat1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello peeps wondering if anyone knows any good car insurance for someone that has a drink driving conviction there code is a dr60 and there 3 year ban is up my insurance wouldnt add them as a name driver many thx

hello peeps wondering if anyone knows any good car insurance for someone that has a drink driving conviction there code is a dr60 and there 3 year ban is up my insurance wouldnt add them as a name driver many thx

TBH mate, they will struggle to get insurance due to the conviction. Conviction will come off after 4 years though, so might be easier to get insurance then. And even if they do get insurance, its going to be exorbitant.

TBH mate, they will struggle to get insurance due to the conviction. Conviction will come off after 4 years though, so might be easier to get insurance then. And even if they do get insurance, its going to be exorbitant.

Drink drive conviction stays for 10 years mate. Comes off technically after 11 years as has to stay on license for one year after expiry for some reason.

Insurance wise, try a company called brentacre 01792 650 933

How things have changed.

15 years ago my ex father inlaw was banned for 3 years, when he went back to get insured they gave him a 20% discount, when I asked why the bloke said the odds are that if he has an accident then he is liable to be over the limit again and as such his insurance wouldn't be valid.

I did think this was crazy and am pleased that nowadays drunk drivers are penalised when they try to return to driving.

If it was upto me they would get a 10 year ban and 2 years in prison with no parole, nothing better than murderers waiting for a victim.

The ex father inlaw lost his license again 2 years later because I reported him for drink driving after he left my house drunk and refused to get a cab so I phoned the police and they were waiting at his house for him.

@tccat1 why would you want a potential drunk at the wheel of your car, how would you feel if they used your car while drunk and killed someone ???

Last edited:
Some people change ellie ;), Mabey thats why he wants to help a mate!

DR60 is failing/refusing to provide a breath test, the conviction becomes spent after 5 years, which means after 5 years from the date of conviction you don`t have to declare it to insurance companies when getting quotes cos it is spent.

Although it remains on your license for 11 years, its only for the courts reference for any future court appearances for driving related offenses.

If you were banned for 3 years you only have 2 years left before you not having to declare it so you really would be better off not driving for another 2 years, but saying that if you look about you may find someone who is willing to insure you.

Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Penalties | UK Laws

How things have changed.

15 years ago my ex father inlaw was banned for 3 years, when he went back to get insured they gave him a 20% discount, when I asked why the bloke said the odds are that if he has an accident then he is liable to be over the limit again and as such his insurance wouldn't be valid.

I did think this was crazy and am pleased that nowadays drunk drivers are penalised when they try to return to driving.

If it was upto me they would get a 10 year ban and 2 years in prison with no parole, nothing better than murderers waiting for a victim.

The ex father inlaw lost his license again 2 years later because I reported him for drink driving after he left my house drunk and refused to get a cab so I phoned the police and they were waiting at his house for him.

@tccat1 why would you want a potential drunk at the wheel of your car, how would you feel if they used your car while drunk and killed someone ???

lol mate your funny i would of thought you would of sent them to guantanamo bay or even bring back hanging haha potential drunk ? i wouldnt let anyone drive my car drunk because they refused the test might not of been drunk but hey you got your opinion and thx peeps for the help

lol mate your funny i would of thought you would of sent them to guantanamo bay or even bring back hanging haha

I can't believe you can joke about it.
If there was hanging then yes I would advocate it for drunk drivers rather them die than some other poor sod just going about their business.

Don't understand the reference to guantanamo bay ?, i'm not American or are you saying the offence took place in a conflict zone and your friend is a suspected terrorist who likes to refuse to give samples to test for excess alchohol or are you trying to be ironic ?. Like I said I don't see how this can be a laughing matter, you certainly seem to treat it very lightly.

potential drunk ? i wouldnt let anyone drive my car drunk because they refused the test might not of been drunk but hey you got your opinion and thx peeps for the help

Why refuse the test if you have nothing to hide, thats a cop out and not even a good one, it's pathetic.

I would moan if I got pulled up for nothing but would give a sample as i'm not retarded and know to not give a sample is an automatic ban and guilt is assumed by the fact they refused to give a sample.

Back