Sensible Topic Car insurance advice

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hello Guys

I am due renewal next month, any tips on how to save a few quid by either best sites to use ect?
I know its going to go up as i had to make a claim last year due to car being hit by another vehicle while it was empty and obviously no one waited or left a note so i had to claim on my insurance.
Any tips appreciated guys

Was your NCB protected?
I would start looking for quotes sooner rather than later and certainly 2 weeks before renewal as that gives the best priced quotes.
Use the leading comparison web sites like Confused, Comparethemarket, while GoCompare are offering free £250 excess at the moment.
Or direct with DirectLine, Admiral, or SAGA for the more mature driver, etc.
Make sure your intended annual mileage is accurate, check your mileage on your MOT history.
Also some insurers reduce the quote if you have a dashcam fitted.

Was your NCB protected?
I would start looking for quotes sooner rather than later and certainly 2 weeks before renewal as that gives the best priced quotes.
Use the leading comparison web sites like Confused, Comparethemarket, while GoCompare are offering free £250 excess at the moment.
Or direct with DirectLine, Admiral, or SAGA for the more mature driver, etc.
Make sure your intended annual mileage is accurate, check your mileage on your MOT history.
Also some insurers reduce the quote if you have a dashcam fitted.
Hi

Yes NCB was protected but it still goes up regardless maybe just not as much, i have done comparisons and tried direct line who were extortionate.
My renewal is the cheapest at the moment which is hard to believe

You should also try getting quotes off moneysupermarket.com.
Also your profession is taken into account.
Mechanics and anything to do engineering usually get a decent deal on the annual cost.
Also adding a name driver to your insurance can sometimes lower your insurance.

Back