Car help please

Parad0x

Inactive User
Reaction score
Mate has an old citroen saxo 1.1 1998 IIRC.

He was driving it as usual and all the warning lights came on, he opened the it up to have a look and seen oil over the distributor cap?

I don't even drive and couldn't change a wheel just wondering what might caus this?

He seems to think it needs a new gasket ?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Mate has an old citroen saxo 1.1 1998 IIRC.

He was driving it as usual and all the warning lights came on, he opened the it up to have a look and seen oil over the distributor cap?

I don't even drive and couldn't change a wheel just wondering what might caus this?

He seems to think it needs a new gasket ?

Help would be very much appreciated.
could be anythink !!!! you would have to find were its coming from. to even think it might be a gasket .could be a pipe off. oil filter damage .it could be anythink.fozoen and blew a core plug ????? so many things >>

could be anythink !!!! you would have to find were its coming from. to even think it might be a gasket .could be a pipe off. oil filter damage .it could be anythink.fozoen and blew a core plug ????? so many things >>

a core plug might of burst m8

Cant remember what the Saxo engine looks like off the top of my head mate ,but it could be one of a number of things .Rocker cover gasket leaking /Oil very thin and blowing out of the cap (rocker cover)/Oil seal gone on distributor/Head gasket. If the car is not overheating it's probably not the head gasket.Get him to check his oil level and see if the oil is very thin
If a core plug had gone it would be water blowing out not oil

Cant remember what the Saxo engine looks like off the top of my head mate ,but it could be one of a number of things .Rocker cover gasket leaking /Oil very thin and blowing out of the cap (rocker cover)/Oil seal gone on distributor/Head gasket. If the car is not overheating it's probably not the head gasket.Get him to check his oil level and see if the oil is very thin

Just to add to what Charlie said check the water too.

If a core plug had gone it would be water blowing out not oil

Hi mate, cheers for the reply.

My mate had to drive it so a safe place so theres no oil in it barely, he says the oil level was very low when he pulled over and checked it.

He agrees with you and thinks its the oil seal gone on the distributor, now i've looked (ableit not knowing its called an oil seal) and i can't find anywhere online or local that stocks this item, could you help out so at least i know what to look for?

Its defo not the core plug, really appreciate all the help from you guys so far.

Hi mate, cheers for the reply.

My mate had to drive it so a safe place so theres no oil in it barely, he says the oil level was very low when he pulled over and checked it.

He agrees with you and thinks its the oil seal gone on the distributor, now i've looked (ableit not knowing its called an oil seal) and i can't find anywhere online or local that stocks this item, could you help out so at least i know what to look for?

Its defo not the core plug, really appreciate all the help from you guys so far.

m8 i read the last post first sorry what lights do you see

is the car over heating ? have you oil in it ?

The air con was still giving out cold/hot air and the car wasn't over heating.

The next plan of attack for my mate is to put oil in it tomorrow, but will this cure it?

It wont cure it but will probably get him going ,but he needs to clean all the oil off ,start the car up and watch to see if he he can see where the oil is coming from

The air con was still giving out cold/hot air and the car wasn't over heating.

The next plan of attack for my mate is to put oil in it tomorrow, but will this cure it?

m8 its to hard to tell from the posts you have made, its not oil. check belts

Right guys, any info you need just ask and i'll ask him and get a straight answer.

The oil was everywhere when he opened it up and was coming from he distributor he thought.

Right guys, any info you need just ask and i'll ask him and get a straight answer.

The oil was everywhere when he opened it up and was coming from he distributor he thought.

check the rocker gasket m8 its to hard to tell any pics

It's a pretty fair chance that he hasn't changed the oil in a long time and if he has been doing short trips the oil has been diluted with petrol. that will then bypass the piston rings and the crankcase compression will blow it out of everything that is not air tight. It's hard to say with out looking at te car thouh mate

It's a pretty fair chance that he hasn't changed the oil in a long time and if he has been doing short trips the oil has been diluted with petrol. that will then bypass the piston rings and the crankcase compression will blow it out of everything that is not air tight. It's hard to say with out looking at te car thouh mate

That sounds about right mate, i'll get him get the oil changed, and run it and see if it goes haywire, after that i'll be back on here :Clap:

Back