Cant view full screen with vix image loaded

sherry

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have just loaded the vix image and the sides of the screen is cut off.

it is like the tv is too small to view it properly.... i have a 50" plasma and it is setup of 1080

any help would be great.

menu -> setup -> system -> av settings and have a play around there.
Should be able to fix it Try changing the display of the 4:3 ratio settings.
Wiz

A software update fixed it for me.

i happened to reflash the image for a differentr eason and it didnt come up again,
Hope this helps,
CrazyFool.

As wizbit said
Menu -setup -system- av settings
Change display 4.3 to pan &scan
Change display 16.9 to just scale

im afraid nothing works. the windows that pops up when a button is pressed on the remote is slightly cut off at the ends.

i am getting used to it now

Try reflashing the same image,
i had the problem, even though i fixed it under video settings, but when i reflashed the same image, the problem didnt come back.
try the vix image,
good solid image.

Try reflashing the same image,
i had the problem, even though i fixed it under video settings, but when i reflashed the same image, the problem didnt come back.
try the vix image,
good solid image.

I have had the same problem with several images that i have tried :O(

Is it possible that it is one of the settings on the T.V that you need to alter?
Like with computer screen there is an alteration for the width of the screen? Not seen it on a tv before though.
Wizbit77

i would think it would be your tv then,
see if you can test it on someone else's TV.

Is it possible that it is one of the settings on the T.V that you need to alter?
Like with computer screen there is an alteration for the width of the screen? Not seen it on a tv before though.
Wizbit77

I have tried all that m8.... even went into hidden menu on tv and changed settings in there and didnt work.

Maybe i am missing something. wish i knew what :O)

sounds like your TV is set to zoom in to 14:9 instead of being set at widescreen 16:9 if its only the edges missing, adjusting normal menu settings in the tv wont change this, as the zoom is a manual over ride of preset settings

look for a button on the tv remote labeled zoom, or 4 arrows pointing outwards from a small square, or maybe labeled size or pic or a/r

Ive just helped a mate set 1 of these up and we had the same problem on the menus
we changed the skin and everything was ok after that

haggiso

You could try menu-setup-vix then skin settings
Then adjust menu overscan amount.
Once adjusted press green to save

I have my skin on the Vuplus hd and all is fine so don't know whether it is worth trying that skin.
Also have you done the latest download (software update) think it's done through the blue button.
Mine downloaded a shed load of stuff.
Wizbit77

some tvs have a setting for each connection,if you do the wrong one it will have no effect,if its hdmi 1 its those settings you check.

Back