cant do this modem stuff

mentholflash01

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
i cant get this modem stuff to work
ive got a sb4200 with fibrecoax on it but cant find any way to change anything
got sb5100 that ive made a blackcat for but it dont find manufacturer
got sb3100 have done cashmeres tut it looks like it went gave the right feedback but no hack page
got webstar dpx 100 that ime told i cant do anything with
and an ambit that has had the update and cant do anything with that either

would it be possible for sumone to help me with 1 of these modems please as this 512 is quite slow and i wished i had bought 4 meg now
thanks all

Last edited:
hi mate
thanks for your help but i only get the screen saying
Acquire Downstream Channel Done
Obtain Upstream Parameters Done
Establish IP Connectivity using DHCP Failed
how do i get over this

hi thanks for your help
can anyone explain how exactly to apply a mac as i cant seem to get it to store ive got the config to store just not the mac
cheers

I dont think the mac address change via the web page really works. At least it never has for me but i may have not set it with caps??
What deffiently does work is telenting and a few commands.
There is a tut in the download section called how to get you sb4200e on ten meg using the cheap blackcat by your truly?? that has how to telnet and set a mac fir fiberware.
Jst hit enter after pasting the commands each time.
good luck keep at it.

hi mate
thanks for your help
i got the tut and couldnt get telnet to connect using 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.100.10
it says could not open connection to the host,on port 23:
connect failed
any ideas mate plus netboot no longer works so cant put any other firmware on it now
cheers mate

hi mate, set your network card to this

ip address 192.168.100.10
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.100.1

then go to telnet

type o 192.168.100.1 (the o is not the No but letter o)

when it connects type factdef

it will then ask for your new mac put in like this 00-00-00-00-00-00- (replace 0 with new mac

then keey pressing enter until it asks for a yes or no answer press y then enter, unlpug modem then restart.

netboot wont work with fibercoax unless you change snmp to 225 in netboot.

hi
tried the telnet with the o it still gave me the same not connecting
and netboot was set to 225
any ideas
thanks

only FIBERWARE-V9F4 has the 07-/08- flags(mac/serial) so which version are you using?..you must also reboot your modem for the changes to take effect..also,only the SHELL versions of fiberware have a telnet shell(official fiberware has no shell)..
SB4200-FIBERWARE-V9F3-eth.hex.bin(no shell)
SB4200-FIBERWARE-V9F3.HEX.Bin(no shell)
SB4200-FIBERWARE-V9F3-SHELL.hex.bin(shell)
SB4200-FIBERWARE-V9F4.HEX.bin(no shell)
SB4200-FIBERWARE-2.02.bin(shell) -and is the best version

hi mate
thanks for the help
Software Version: SB4200-FIBERWARE-V9F3
Hardware Version: 1
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

this is wats on it now
cheers
any help greatfully recieved

well,now you know why you can't telnet your modem or set the 07- flag(this version has neither)..i suggest that you use this firmware SB4200-FIBERWARE-2.02.bin it has everything you need(telnet shell,mac and config changer,firmware changer,sniffer,ect..)..it doesn't use flags/switches,it has a much better http interface..
first you need to change your current firmware..to do this,you must first enable firmware updates( set the 00- flag) change your ip to 192.168.100.10/255.255.255.0 ..then to make things simple,just extract all of the attached files into the same folder,start up the tftp server and use it to host the vxworks.st file, then set the 05- flag..this will reset your modem and set it to boot over network using the vxworks.st file that your tftp is hosting..once the modem has fully booted,go to the hack page and use the firmware changer to browse to the SB4200-FIBERWARE-2.02.bin firmware(or whatever firmware you want) and flash it..it will take a minute or two to write the firmware to flash so do not interupt this process(or you will screw your modem) the modem will reboot itself when it is finished..

sb4200

personaly i have never used the fibre ware the firmware i use for these is a vx works backdoor i think...192.168.100.1/hack.hml
heres how i do it......
load up net boot....(will include one i use)
tick reset modem before booting and tic enable ftp server and tic always run (making sure you picked right network card)
clic on the little folder and load the folder called 4200 (included below)and then open
(underneath = reset modem before booting it says community:public SNMP Port:161)

clic boot over network...modem should boot a couple of times and then a message saying loaded vxworks ....ok should appear..minimize this and load internet explorer and goto 192.168.100.1 and clic on the hack page.......scroll down to the bottom and clci on browse underneath update cable modem firmware and browse to SB4200-0.4.4.5-SCM01-NOSH-2.02.hex.bin (included below) then clic start update...leave a minute then reboot modem...hack page should be there permanently including working mac changer at bottom /user defined config loader at top and config sniffer page.....hope this helps as it has always worked for me....

ALL FILES CAN BE FOUND HERE
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/downloads.php

Last edited:
hiya all
i still cant get sb4200 of fibreware
it wont netboot it wont max323 either
can anyone help as i am allmost out of options
Sending reset request...ok
Waiting for CM to boot...ok
Retrieving CM MAC address...ok (000CF1D7BE9C)
Sending NetBoot request...ok
Adding 192.168.100.10 IP to adapter...ok (already assigned)
Starting FTP server...ok
this is all i get
in hyper i get nothing
please help and thanks for all your help so far

try change port settings in netboot to 225 m8
change mac then flash with wot u want m8

whey hey
done the 4200 got fibreware of and put the files 2dles sent to the modem
now all i have to do is get on the net as i havent managed this yet
thanks for all your help so far
ive scanned for macs at my old house wich is about 3 mile from my house now but still cant get on the net
any advice would be much apprieciated
thanks

hi alvinder1
i noticed your from wolves ime in that area too
was wandering if you had a working mac that i could try
thanks in advance

Back