Advice on bootloader / flash combination

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been messing around for a few days now with my DM800se and at the start I had an image from the forum by Alimac running which was pretty sweet, it had tsMedia and pluginmover, bouquets all sorted etc but I cant seem to get that as an example to load again. I think the image I used was from the clone section and thats maybe why none of the streams would actually load a picture in tsMedia, I did use pluginmover to clear up some space in working memory and move all the skins etc to a usb mount.

The problem I have is that now I can only flash an openpli image that is just a baseline and doesnt have anything configured, i got it just from openpli wiki.

if i telnet to my dreambox and run opkg list | grep secondstage then it tells me :

dreambox-secondstage-dm800se - 84-r20.2

and if i look in about menu on dreambox it tells me :

Image : openpli 4
kernel : 3.2
Enigma : 2015-02-16
GStreamer : 0.10.36 (git)
python version : 2.7.3

Most of the images I have tried to flash using the browser just give me the R01: no ca found error on reboot and to resolve that I am using dreamup 1339 with COM connection to get my standard OpenPLi-4.0-beta-dm800se-20150217.nfi back on the dreambox, when i do this it will reboot and load fine, its just obviously nothing is configured

So my question is if i want to have an image that has the awesome preconfigured stuff like https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2933/ what bootloader and image combo would be good for a DM800se and what tool do i have to use to get the bootloader to change, at the moment I have just been running dreamup 1339 every time i was getting the no ca found error on reboot

I think if i knew the right combination of bootloader and image and knew how to get the bootloader applied then i would be flying, any help would be most appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
basic info use latest bootlodwe 84d

then load image with said bootloader which you have already had if used my back up

Im sorry I am still having some problem :( ... I got the bootloader file from https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2446/
and then restarted my dreambox into flash mode, then added this sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi file through the browser, I then switched the dreambox off and on again and got the R01: NO CA FOUND error displayed on the dreambox

So i then restored it back to the way it was before with the baseline pli image using dreamup again. Then this time I put the dreambox back into flash mode after restart and then through the browser flashed the sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi file again, this time with no restart and then flashed the OE-exp-dm800se-1970-01-01-01-01.nfi image, then restarted and still got the R01: NO CA FOUND

Im probably being an idiot, but why do you think this would be happening, just to confirm, this is a genuine DM800se dreambox that I have in case that makes a difference?

Cheers

Im sorry I am still having some problem :( ... I got the bootloader file from https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2446/
and then restarted my dreambox into flash mode, then added this sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi file through the browser, I then switched the dreambox off and on again and got the R01: NO CA FOUND error displayed on the dreambox

So i then restored it back to the way it was before with the baseline pli image using dreamup again. Then this time I put the dreambox back into flash mode after restart and then through the browser flashed the sim2_800SE_SSL84D.nfi file again, this time with no restart and then flashed the OE-exp-dm800se-1970-01-01-01-01.nfi image, then restarted and still got the R01: NO CA FOUND

Im probably being an idiot, but why do you think this would be happening, just to confirm, this is a genuine DM800se dreambox that I have in case that makes a difference?

Cheers

Well your flashing clone images to a original Dreambox hence wht you get the NO CA Error

You need to flash original images not sim2 ones.

OK cool, thats what was confusing me, i was thinking that by changing the bootloader it was possible to use the clone images as well. So I can apply any of the 9 images that are here in the genuine section https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=17

So then its just a matter of adding all plugins like tsMedia and rats bouquets etc manually once i have one of those images from genuine section running?

Im thinking I should have bought a clone, there seems to be a lot more already sorted images for those :)

thanks for the help, hate being a pain in the arse with the newbie questions!

OK cool, thats what was confusing me, i was thinking that by changing the bootloader it was possible to use the clone images as well. So I can apply any of the 9 images that are here in the genuine section https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=17

So then its just a matter of adding all plugins like tsMedia and rats bouquets etc manually once i have one of those images from genuine section running?

Im thinking I should have bought a clone, there seems to be a lot more already sorted images for those :)

thanks for the help, hate being a pain in the arse with the newbie questions!

Those images should be fine although i do recommend OpenATV

Yeah just install the plugins manually.

Ask as much as you want mate we all start somewhere.

Back