cant believe my luck

mdt

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi , just recieved my new dm800hd pro from china today and after 5 hours of messing with it ive come to the conclusion that its faulty. the box wont scan past 11.700 mhz, it has a very high hiss on the scart feed even when the picture+audio are present. i have set the box to simple [email protected] and tried a default list aswell as scanning manually and auto but it will not scan past 11.700. looks like its going to cost me another £30 to send it back or can i claim faulty goods as i paid with paypal?? i was promised by the seller that the boxs are checked and any probs return for exchange. im going to send the supplier a e-mail and give him a piece of my mind! regards mdt

edit.. now the box wont show any channels whatsoever and says tune failed on sd or hd

Last edited:
is it ok to name the company/seller you bought it from?

dont like give an advise but for my own experince i will never touch clone dreambox, coz no warranty 1 in 10 faulty and lots more drawbacks always buy original

dont like give an advise but for my own experince i will never touch clone dreambox, coz no warranty 1 in 10 faulty and lots more drawbacks always buy original

Not true there is warranty even if you buy from China, I have sent back faulty tuner for a DM800HD in the past and recieved repalcement, also sent back a faulty DM500S mainboard and recieved replacement both from different China sellers.

There is warranty but it can be expensive sending back to China. Also make sure you use a reputable supplier with good previous feedback if buying from China, dont always go with the cheapest supplier.

Original Dreamboxes are extremely overprived and definitley not worth the cash, buy Vu Duo if you want to spend that sort of money on original recievers.

I got my dm800 from china a few days ago too, no problems scanning but like you said i get hissing sound with audio from the scart socket ONLY when i plug a video sender into it.The video sender works fine on dm500/dm7000.

hi , just recieved my new dm800hd pro from china today and after 5 hours of messing with it ive come to the conclusion that its faulty. the box wont scan past 11.700 mhz, it has a very high hiss on the scart feed even when the picture+audio are present. i have set the box to simple [email protected] and tried a default list aswell as scanning manually and auto but it will not scan past 11.700. looks like its going to cost me another £30 to send it back or can i claim faulty goods as i paid with paypal?? i was promised by the seller that the boxs are checked and any probs return for exchange. im going to send the supplier a e-mail and give him a piece of my mind! regards mdt

edit.. now the box wont show any channels whatsoever and says tune failed on sd or hd
First off why are you using the scart when it has a dvi to hdmi socket
go to menu,setup,system,avi settings and set it to scart if your using scart or dvi if you decide to use the full potential of the box and use a dvi to hdmi lead press green to save
second why are you setting it to fixed 19.2e, is that what your dish is pointing at? as sly is on 28.2e

Last edited:
Hmmmm I thought the same as Fergalsworld why use scart the whole purpose of the DM800 hd is to receive High Definition, if your using a scart lead why didn’t you get a DM500 you could have save some money?

hi guys, firstly i am using a scart as i dont have a hd tv anymore as it packed in around 12 months ago but the tv i use is a jvc 32 inch and is perfect. secondly regardless of me using a scart or hdmi it should still work through scart but it doesnt. i have here at my house a 1.1m motorised and a 80cm multi-lnb and a sly mini-dish also and have tried the box on all 3 feeds with the same result. i also have a brand new vu+ duo(unused as yet) a protek 9600ip, a dm500s v8, a protek unixbox. although its my first dm800hd clone(well second) but i sent my first one back and exchanged for my duo but although i am nowhere near as knowlagable as alot of members on here i know my way around a satellite system. i tried the box on a simple system at 19e because i wanted to try the default list to see if it made any difference but it didnt. am i not entitled to a refund as i dont see why i should pay £30 p+p because i was sent a faulty box, or am i better off making a complaint to paypal. ive just tried a scan again on astra1 and it return 405 services but the highest txp is 11.685. to say i am angry is a massive understatement. i have bought dm500s/c clones from china before with out any problems. can anybody advise me on my next step. thanks as always guys, regards mdt

Have you tried flashing a different image on or putting a channel lists in using dbedit
here is a 28.2e

hi guys, firstly i am using a scart as i dont have a hd tv anymore as it packed in around 12 months ago but the tv i use is a jvc 32 inch and is perfect. secondly regardless of me using a scart or hdmi it should still work through scart but it doesnt. i have here at my house a 1.1m motorised and a 80cm multi-lnb and a sly mini-dish also and have tried the box on all 3 feeds with the same result. i also have a brand new vu+ duo(unused as yet) a protek 9600ip, a dm500s v8, a protek unixbox. although its my first dm800hd clone(well second) but i sent my first one back and exchanged for my duo but although i am nowhere near as knowlagable as alot of members on here i know my way around a satellite system. i tried the box on a simple system at 19e because i wanted to try the default list to see if it made any difference but it didnt. am i not entitled to a refund as i dont see why i should pay £30 p+p because i was sent a faulty box, or am i better off making a complaint to paypal. ive just tried a scan again on astra1 and it return 405 services but the highest txp is 11.685. to say i am angry is a massive understatement. i have bought dm500s/c clones from china before with out any problems. can anybody advise me on my next step. thanks as always guys, regards mdt

Could just be a faulty tuner or PSU, if you can source/borrow some local spares to test with and identify if the tuner or PSU is faulty..then sending an individual smaller item back is a lot cheaper.

Could also try reseating the tuner

Could just be a faulty tuner or PSU, if you can source/borrow some local spares to test with and identify if the tuner or PSU is faulty..then sending an individual smaller item back is a lot cheaper.

Could also try reseating the tuner

i have spoke to the shop and he thinks its the tuner and im going to send it back at weekend. can anybody post a link of a tut on how to replace the tuner on a dm800 please. thanks guys, regards mdt

Just take the lid and backplate off and it pulls out sideways towards the centre of the box like a pc card.

Just take the lid and backplate off and it pulls out sideways towards the centre of the box like a pc card.

ive tried as you said but its still the same, infact its worse as now it says tune failed on every channel even though it picks up channels on a scan between 10.70 and 11.700. my biggest concern is if i send the tuner back and the problem isnt fixed with a replacement tuner so it ends up costing me more money so im really thinking either send the entire box back or just ask for a refund as i cant really be arsed as i dont really need this box and i bought it just to have a play. regards mdt

ive tried as you said but its still the same, infact its worse as now it says tune failed on every channel even though it picks up channels on a scan between 10.70 and 11.700. my biggest concern is if i send the tuner back and the problem isnt fixed with a replacement tuner so it ends up costing me more money so im really thinking either send the entire box back or just ask for a refund as i cant really be arsed as i dont really need this box and i bought it just to have a play. regards mdt

Some really good sellers in the UK if people are worried by returns / warranties, just have a good look for them.

I am not an expert but I think I would try a new Xml file for the satellite in question. The Xml files live in var/tuxbox and can be found with a google for "satellite xml generator"
Exect

hi, ive posted the tuner back to china and will post my results (if i get a replacement) as the last 2 emails to the seller have failed to get a reply. thanks to everybody for their suggestions so far. regards mdt

Have you tried plugging in a dish to the rear??

just a quick update. replacement tuner finally arrived and all is well as far as i can see. now for the shouting and swearing to start!!!:proud: regards mdt

Last edited:
Back