cannot get any signal or channels - dreambox dm800se

gunnertrev

DW Member ++
Reaction score
[h=2][/h]
hi folks i need some help please,i have a dm800se clone about 5 weeks old and i am having alot of trouble with it,it took me a while to get it set up but thanks to help i got got looking on this site i eventually got it up and running with openpli image and it worked ok for about 2 weeks, then i noticed i was loosing channels message tune failed ,then one day i turned it on to discover all the channels were gone ,i have tried auto and man scan and i got about fifty channels back but the quality was poor,but now i have lost them also and have no signal strength whatsoever when i go into satfinder all read 0 ,no bars at all,i have tried taking out the tuner and replacing it but it makes no difference and i have flashed 3 other images and all the same no signal at all,when i hook the sky box back up im getting signal and channels so i think the problem maybe faulty tuner ,its a bcm4505.please if any one can help let me know.also if anybody is thinking of buying Chinese clones stay away ,front usb not connect to anything,wifi connection rubbing of the fan inside,and possibly a faulty tuner ,you get what you pay for,thanks.

Re: cannot get any signal or channels

If you go into tuner configuration ,does the tuner show up?

With regards to front usb, the connection on the motherboard has been used for the wifi. This is why it does not work.

Lots of people here to help. It is a process of elimination. Your diagnosis may well be correct, may be not. Wiz569 has asked a very pertinent question. It is in your interests to answer.

If the tuner does show up, have you tried a different 12V, 3 amps power supply?

wiz569,yes the tuner shows up in the configuration but when i scan for channels it goes trough all the frequencies but picks no channels or any signal bar up,thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks for your reply Abu Baniaz, yes it shows up that it is there but wont find any channels or signal ,not sure about power supply as im not at home now but i know when i hooked back up my sky box it worked ok and was recieving channels,cheers.

ok i will try that tomorrow,cheers.

Im assuming your dish is correctly aligned?

Have you had any strange crashes or error pop up on screen, you could try flashing the bootloader again don't think it will help but can't harm :) sound like a file has been corrupted in some way.

hi napster,no i dont remember any crashes and the only error that pops up is {tune failed},by flashing bootloader again do you mean another image with different bootload,for eg mine is 84b should i flash image with 84a ?,thanks.

yes IANB i think it is aligned ok ,it is sky dish facing 28.2e and when i reconnect sky box i can get channels,thanks.

hi napster,no i dont remember any crashes and the only error that pops up is {tune failed},by flashing bootloader again do you mean another image with different bootload,for eg mine is 84b should i flash image with 84a ?,thanks.

Can't see any harm in flashing just the bootloader don't think that will fix it but it wont harm at all, do you have a good working backup of your image try a reflash :)

Can't see any harm in flashing just the bootloader don't think that will fix it but it wont harm at all, do you have a good working backup of your image try a reflash :)

For the time it takes,it would be no harm,although as Napster says I dont think it will help,
A channel list is needed to see if you can get any channels tuned in using that,even download one from the plugins-download-settings menu to try

It is a process of elimination, not limited to

Dish alignment/cabling:
Ruled out by using another reciever or using receiver at another place.

Incorrrect satellite data on receiver:
Transfer channel list with updated details

Software issue, All we know is that OP is using SSL84B. No mention of image:
Resolved by reflashing if applicable, don't think it applies in this case.

Power Supply on DM:
Test using another

Tuner Faulty:
Test receiver using another tuner, conversely test current tuner in another receiver.

Hardware fault on Mobo:
Multimeter time on mobo. Unlikely in this situation as tuner is showing up.

I don't gamble, but my money is on PSU. Please test with another 12v PSU, lots of domestic appliances use 12v PSU. Routers etc. The Sky receiver does not use the PSU for the DM.

psu always first point of action here

could send in an updated sat xml & rescan

what image have you actually got running?

wiz569,Abu Baniaz,Napster, bhoywonder,IANB,hi and thanks to all of you for you help and suggestions ,i found the problem this evening it was the tuner that was faulty,i went to a local tv and sat repair man i know and out of pure luck he had a matching tuner so he gave it to me to try out and it worked ,took out the original one put his one in and done an automatic scan and got 967 channels ,so happy days now all i have to do is try and sort out the channel list which i may need some help with as i didnt do it the last time,think i have to download autoboquetes and picons as far as i know,cheers lads.

auto bouquets

or

rats bouquets & rats picons

or run both auto & rats

Back