Cannot find any channels

tbaxter08700

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im trying to scan for sky channels but my s10 won't pick any up. I have a sky dish that was working fine with sky. What could be up?

why dont you keep to one thread instead of making new ones

have you got up to date services on the box,have you set the box up correctly
have you got a ''sub'' sorted,do you have internet

What do you mean have i got up to date services mate? Everything else is yes. I can't work it out. I have to cables from the lnb. Does it matter which one i use?

should not mater which cable you use
whats the signal strength and quality like ?
how many channels are being found when you scan?
if the fta like bbc1 itv etc are clearing then it has scanned ok and lnb is good and alignment of dish is ok
you say dish was good when you had sky how long ago was that as no cable or lnb lasts forever you may have to replace them and if the dish looks a bit worse for wear replace that too
if you are talking about the premium channels you will not clear them unless you have a paid for subscription

should not mater which cable you use
whats the signal strength and quality like ?
how many channels are being found when you scan?
if the fta like bbc1 itv etc are clearing then it has scanned ok and lnb is good and alignment of dish is ok
you say dish was good when you had sky how long ago was that as no cable or lnb lasts forever you may have to replace them and if the dish looks a bit worse for wear replace that too
if you are talking about the premium channels you will not clear them unless you have a paid for subscription

About 80/80% There is no channels at all being found mate. I only had the sky working this morning with that dish.

have not got an s10 myself so do not know what the menu is like
but most sat boxes will have a set up or instalation menu
you will need to select something like fixed lnb option and make sure you select the right satellite option 28.2e or some might have 28.5e
with 80/80 its good signal and quality just something not right in the set up menu i would think

only other option i can think of if you are not picking any channels up on a scan and everything is entered correctly is to try and find a channel list and transfer it to the box via usb try to get as upto date one as possible and see how that goes
you could always try to reflash your firmware just incase it is currupt
as there is nothing more i can think off as if allignment is fine and signal strength is fine and set up for one satellite and 28.2e or 28.5e and selecting a blind scan or nit option and you are getting nothing there is no more i can think off to help ya mate
but hope you get sorted

Where can i get a channels list pal. Also can you recommend me a firmware?

I have just been told that until the c line is set up that i won't be able to find any channels, is this right?

That's what i thought. Any idea why i can't find no channels? The dish works fine with sky.

Back