Can you remember...... the name of 80's arcade game??

rick.oshea

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sad, I know but this is what my life has been reduced to..........Was trying to remember the name of an old arcade game that used to be around in the mid 80's.

Thought it was called Pheonix, but that might have been its equiv on the old rubber key of doom (ZX spectrum)

It used to have a selection of different screen levels, one you shot space like birds which split in half as the hovered around on the screen flaping their wings up and down.

The final screen was of a space ship that you shot up from the bottom, slowly trying to shoot away the base until the centre of the ship was exposed and you could shoot it down.

Been bugging me for weeks..... got into a convo in the pub and couldn't remember the name. There a beer waitin for me if I can remember it before me mate :))

I know someone will remember it!!

Definitely phoenix, as you've already said.

This ring a bell? _http://www.avclub.com/content/files/images/avclub_gool14.jpg

Spot on! Thats the baby..... 1-0, pint on its way.... Cheers

Oh that brings back memories. My favourite arcade game of them all!

Defo Pheonix mate, those days were the best when it comes to gaming, it started with the old black and white game of tennis , where you had a line both sides of the screen for the bat, and a dot was the ball.

Not long after that came the famous space invaders , followed by Galaxions which is similar to Phoenix.
Then along came the Spectrum Computer, anyone remember Sabre Wulf and Underworld, what classics they were.
Then came the commodor 64, remember Pole Position.

After that The BBC came out , my Favourites of all time were Chucky Egg, and Castle Quest and dare devil denis.

I could go on forever here

I think the Spectrum version was called "Pheenix" which was pretty close to the arcade version.

How do you get this to play please??

Sorry guys, I should've included the instruct's.

Open the zip file,
Extract all the files to a new folder.
Open the folder & double-click the JPhoenix.html file.
It should then start running in a new browser window.

It goes through a few of the levels, but you can't control it unfortunately.

Can anyone remember the name of a arcade game

This game you controlled a space ship about 2" wide and the view was from behind.
But this one had real background like rocks and stuff that you had to fly through and shoot. I think it came out around 87 but cant be sure! any help would be apreciated.

Hey...it works after all

PHOENIX

The version I attached previously DOES work.

Open the zip file,
Extract all the files to a new folder.
Open the folder & double-click the JPhoenix.html file.
It should then start running in a new browser window.

Click on the game window, press 3 to insert a coin, then 1 for one player game.

Controls are:
Left & Right Arrows to move
Down arrow or B for shield
Spacebar - Fire

It runs a bit fast...might be great on a 486 though :)

This game you controlled a space ship about 2" wide and the view was from behind.
But this one had real background like rocks and stuff that you had to fly through and shoot. I think it came out around 87 but cant be sure! any help would be apreciated.

Hi. Rea lbackgrounds sounds like a laser disc game: most obvious one I can think of is Astron Belt?

Back