Can not delete folder...

tidyant

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i have a seperate partition that i Download to and i have a folder on there that will not delete everytime i try and delete it i get this error:

Cannot delete : Access is denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

It just wont budge, I thought as it was a partition format it and delete it that way but it won't let me do that either.

Anyone got any idea's PLEASE?

Hi all i have a seperate partition that i Download to and i have a folder on there that will not delete everytime i try and delete it i get this error:

Cannot delete : Access is denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use.

It just wont budge, I thought as it was a partition format it and delete it that way but it won't let me do that either.

Anyone got any idea's PLEASE?

The file you are trying to delete is in use so that is why you cannot delete it. First thing to do is open up Task manager, click on the processes tab and see if the file you are trying to delete is listed. If it is, select the file and end that process.

You should now be able to delete the file

Will it delete under safe mode?

Is there someting in that folder that is been used by your operating system? I doubt it as u've already said its just a download partiton.

U can also try right click on the folder and make sure read-only is NOT ticked. If it is untick it and apply, now try delete.

Back