Can i view my someone on the same Router?

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if i am connected to say my router and at the same time my sister is connected to it can i view what she is doing? like see the webpages she is on, see her msn etc

THANKS

Download a program called NetSupport and install it on both PCs.

You will then be able to control the other pc. :)

Isn't there a way it can be done by installing it on one pc and not the other, as i dont want the other person to know that i can tell that i can see them, as when i install it she will be able to tell.

THANKS!

I don't think it's possible without any 3rd party software.

VNC Server/Client will also do it.

mmmm ....... i wouldn't like to think that violation of privacy was possible .....

So if i use VNC server/client then i can view what is going on the other pc without them knowing that i am doing this

THANKS!!!

There will be a small VNC icon in the taskbar at bottom right of screen.

When you are not connected it will have a white background and when you are connected (and can see what she's doing) it will have a black background. So it won't be totally invisible.

they did it on the real hustle, pulled up outside someones house and viewed all the webpages he was surfing. even got his ebay details, credit card, holiday booking, all from his wifi outside.

It can be done with some of the tools packaged with BackTrack 2 if I remember right.

I don't remember their names off the top of my heat though.

Also have a look at your router home page.

Mine is a Netgear WGT624 and it keeps a log of all the recent websites with the appropriate ip address. Very useful!

they did it on the real hustle, pulled up outside someones house and viewed all the webpages he was surfing. even got his ebay details, credit card, holiday booking, all from his wifi outside.

they would have to connect to his network and use a packet sniffer, to grab all ip packets and rebuild the stream based on the ip or mac, and then just read the stream for information.

but thats not a nice thing to do!

the simplist things, check if they are actually connected to ur network with their pc: start, cmd, net view, shows all pc's on your network

real hustle didnt actually see everything coming up on their screen, they just sniffed packets or used backdoors into their pc and stole cookies etc

look for a program called remote administrator, install it on both pc's. Its runs on the one you want to spy on without them nowing if u select hide icon and passwordable so other people carnt get in. You can use it to send and recieve files, view or take control as if it was your desktop.. I use it when my kids are on my other pc ...

If you practice "safe surfing" you'll always use https:// sites for credit card payments, etc. This protocol makes its infeasable to replay captured network packets to rebuild the contained data.

you can also buy urself a shell, use putty to tunnel any available port, then set firefox/ie to use that port on localhost as a socks5 proxy, that will give encryption for every page

Im not really at all sure how to use Realvnc! so i was wondering if someone could pm me their msn address if possible?

Also one other question was if i use realvnc do i have to install it onto both my laptop and pc in order for my pc to see laptop

THANKS!

look for a program called remote administrator, install it on both pc's. Its runs on the one you want to spy on without them nowing if u select hide icon and passwordable so other people carnt get in. You can use it to send and recieve files, view or take control as if it was your desktop.. I use it when my kids are on my other pc ...

i've just installed this and is very good, does anyone no if/how this can be setup to use over the net?
cheers

i've just installed this and is very good, does anyone no if/how this can be setup to use over the net?
cheers

it can be used over the net. U need to know the persons I.P address that you are connecting to, also if this person is running through a router you will have to set up a port forward on the port used (usualy port 4899) or if under a firewall same..
Just remember to password the server and personally i,d change the default port so other people cannot connect to the server pc..

bit of advice if your using remote admin (radmin for short)

for gods sake change the port number

lloads of people ,remote computers scan this port all the time on irc (you dont have to be on irc to be scanned )

if you have a weak password then a hacker will be in in seconds and root your ass

then your a bot owned by a little noob hacker whose sharing files on your bandwidth and using your pc as a remote server

Back